Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] Test if CPAP improves results of Dental Device
Question 
Test if CPAP improves results of Dental Device
CONCERN & QUESTION. Per pulmonologist direction I am using a dental mandibular device after the recent prolonged 4 months poor results with CPAP/APAP. In the end the pulmonologist found that the dental device apnea sleep tested better than CPAP in addressing mild AHI 8 Apnea. The AHIs with CPAP were mostly near 20, though pulmonologists found them to reflect apneas at  mostly awake levels; the Dental device AHI tested near 5-7.  Nevertheless, I have a concern based on AFIB diagnosis last year (addressed by cardioversion) that I may somehow be able to better address the Apnea with a CPAP/APAP.  I have a ResMed Air Sense 11 Auto  thanks to the recent Apnea testing process. . Amazingly I also recently received without request a Dreamstation II APAP-CPAP from Philips as a recall replacement for REMStar Pro Cflex+ AutoIQ used successfully  2008-2014.  

What is the best way I can use either of these machines to occasionally check my sleep Apnea with and without the mandibular device to see if, over time the CPAP/APAP can be more successfully lower the AHI? Both machines can report to OSCAR, and I continue to report into OSCAR my overnight O2 Ring oxygen and heartrate as well. O2 generally 97 with approx. 2, 4% drops per hour. I am a nose breather during the day  but mouth breathing and dry mouth often during the night both with Mandibular device or earlier with CPAP. Recent use of a soft cervical collar (thanks to Apnea Board) seems to help with this.  Note that I sleep on my back due to my left shoulder but am very comfortable on my back and easily fall back asleep after BPH bathroom break(s).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Test if CPAP improves results of Dental Device
Definitely use use the Resmed machine. Unless you have a prescribed setting try a min pressure of 7 with max of 20 and EPR full time at 3. Then post an OSCAR daily chart and we can recommend adjustments from the data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 350 7 hours ago
Last Post: SeePak
  [Treatment] Help with interpreting OSCAR results 6bez8dF5lf 7 185 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: 6bez8dF5lf
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,521 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,948 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 144 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,027 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Having fluctuating results 3rd week in. Data attached Jscott321 5 205 04-03-2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jscott321

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.