Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling exhausted
Feeling exhausted
Hello sleep apnea board I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer for me I've been experiencing very low amount of sleep due to congestion I've been sleeping on the average of 2 hours a night for about a week or more. Now I'm feeling exhausted for about a week now. My Sleep Therapy has improved and I'm sleeping about 5 to 6 hours a night for about 3 days and the exhaustion hasn't gone away is this normal

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Feeling exhausted
Your congestion is probably not from CPAP therapy, and you need to find relief that will not disturb your sleep. Some decongestants are stimulants and should be avoided. you have been sleeping an average of 2 hours per night, and even at 5-6 hours you are clearly not getting enough sleep to meet your needs. No mystery here. Deal with the congestion or allergy problem, and make sleep a higher priority. Under these circumstances your fatigue is understandable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe it was previously suggested an increase in pressure and switch to auto mode.
Have you done that?

Are you using #SleepyHead software?  

Please update your profile as to what pressure you are using, and then post a screenshot of your data here.  

Also, it doesn't look like you are getting enough sleep.  If we were able to see your data, we may see the reason why.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OP did change their pressure.  It would be great to see how they are doing though, and hope they will post a screen shot.

@chunchon - it wouldn't surprise me if those several days on 2 hours sleep would be hard to make up in just a few days.  5 to 6 hours might just be enough to keep you even, but see if you can sneak a few 45 minute naps in for a couple more days to make up some of the deficit.

sounds like you are doing fine otherwise.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2017, 07:11 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Some decongestants are stimulants and should be avoided.

Make that *all* decongestants.  However applied topically in the nose the stimulative effects can be reduced.  Of course that has other bad side effects.

But basically all the decongestants available on the marked today are some variant on the epinephrine molecule.  Epinephrine is your body's natural stimulant.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 2saaLTg.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 8mgRrrt.png]

[Image: 0hdoDkQ.png]

[Image: gKAO2BU.png]

[Image: 0FpOixq.png]

[Image: sAqwI3J.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes the doctor changed my presc ription to 9 and autoset feels much better when I do sleep
Thanks for responding
Post Reply Post Reply
congestion for me was indeed CPAP related.
1. the air pressure itself "felt" like congestion
2. I was very sensitive to humidity, thought I liked it, now run my CPAP dry and temperature set to 63. for a time I was putting ice cubes in the tank.
3. those nose strips, every night, 3 band ones with sensitive adhesive. I buy in bulk 100-200 at a time. If I forget I wake up in the night congested.
4. Tried aroma therapy, oil on a cotton ball in front of intake, worked for a while and then started making it worse.

None of this happened before CPAP, after much playing around I am sleeping through the night and rested during the day. NORMAL at last.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good day sleep apnea board members. I recently attempted to send sleep data for your viewing I was wondering if I processed the material properly
Thanks in advance
Mr. Fatigue
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 12 314 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jpm6179
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 360 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 3 261 03-29-2024, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 309 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 369 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 340 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 834 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.