Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fighting With My CPAP
Fighting With My CPAP
Hello,

I've been using a CPAP machine for 7 years now. The first 6 with the ResMed S9, which was fantastic, the last year with the AirSense 11 which is not so great. With the S9 the breathing was effortless throughout the night, regardless if I went off for a few minutes and returned. With the 11, it's also effortless in the beginning, but when I go off it for a minute, when I return there seems to be a rhythm to the air flow that's not in sink with my breathing. It's has a claustrophobic effect. Does the 11 self adjust to ones breathing cycle? if so, when I go off and back on could it not be resetting? I'm about to toss this thing.

Any advise would be much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fighting With My CPAP
Welcome to Apnea Board!

Are you using the exact same settings as you did with the S9?  If you're using the ramp feature, turn it off, because when you come back from a break, it will reset back to using ramp. That may be why you feel claustrophobic. We can better advise when we see some data.

Download the OSCAR software.  (Be sure there is an SD card in your Pap machine while sleeping.)  

Then follow the links in my signature line, which will guide you in organizing a chart.  Take a Screenshot of the daily page in OSCAR.  

When taking a Screenshot, use the F12 key (on a Mac, Fn+F12) Standard View

Post it here using the Attachment Feature.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
AutoStart Feature.
I would try turning the machine off when you leave bed and then turning it back on when you go back to bed.  That should start the cycle over again.  Some people have had problems with the auto start where you take the mask off and the machine stops - put it back on and it starts up.  If you are not using that feature I don't have a suggestion without OSCAR as others have suggested.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a ResMed Autoset S10 *for her*

I used the *for her* algorithm until someone suggested that I should use the male algorithm instead. I've changed. It works for me. Hope this helps, and I"m responding in case you have the *for her* version of theS11.

DaveL
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Chaos58503 Therapy Thread Fighting Positional OA chaos58503 17 1,334 01-16-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: chaos58503
  Fighting the urge to nap PaulaO2 3 573 12-05-2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [CPAP] 2 years on and still fighting with machine MJE61 2 634 03-05-2021, 08:28 PM
Last Post: MJE61
  Using CPAP while fighting off a cold or flue AlwaysTired2018 5 882 09-02-2020, 08:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Fighting with Insurance Company theMezz 5 1,555 09-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] Fighting with CPAP Beekay 19 4,902 07-29-2015, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Beekay
Question First time to forum, but been fighting sleep apnea for 2.5 years 69developer 15 5,473 06-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Last Post: vsheline

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.