Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Filled up 2GB card!
Filled up 2GB card!
The A10, unlike the S9, keeps information for a while.

My current 2GB card, which has only been used for my A10 Autoset, is full. 108MB of 1.86GB free. With the 100ish free and each night being 4ish, I can essentially add on 20ish more nights before the machine deletes the oldest. I have a FlashAir card on its way to me, though.

The data on the card is from the first night of use (3/9/18) until last night (7/13/19). The only difference between the two nights, in terms of data, is the first night has 22 files and last night has 16 but they're close in size anyway.

So, yes, Virginia, you can fill up a 2GB card with your Autoset!  Too-funny

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Filled up 2GB card!
Hi Paula - so that's 2Gb in less than a year. We need to revise what we tell people.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I remember correctly, the S9 used a 2Gb but when the A10 was released, Resmed started using 4Gb SD cards in them.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My A10 came with a 2GB card but I am using a 16GB flash air. I guess it should outlast the machine.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My A10 (one of the early ones) came with a 2GB card and lasted about 18 months. I'm using an 8GB card since then. I probably should check how full it's getting.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm missing what the issue is. My S9 came with a 1GB card that I've been using for 5 years. It looks like it holds about one year of data. I see the SD card as temporary storage, and programs like Oscar and ResScan as long term storage and archiving. No? Why would you want all your data on one SD card?
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you get there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2019, 04:09 AM)Bubba45 Wrote: I'm missing what the issue is. My S9 came with a 1GB card that I've been using for 5 years. It looks like it holds about one year of data. I see the SD card as temporary storage, and programs like Oscar and ResScan as long term storage and archiving. No? Why would you want all your data on one SD card?

So long as you back up your card occasionally (either directly or by downloading to Oscar / SleepyHead) there probably isn't really an issue. With the A10 the machine only over-writes old data when the card gets full. The S9 on the other hand would only keep a week's worth of high resolution data on the card before over-writing it. So if you didn't back up at least weekly then you'd lose that information forever.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2019, 04:45 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(07-15-2019, 04:09 AM)Bubba45 Wrote: I'm missing what the issue is. My S9 came with a 1GB card that I've been using for 5 years. It looks like it holds about one year of data. I see the SD card as temporary storage, and programs like Oscar and ResScan as long term storage and archiving. No? Why would you want all your data on one SD card?

So long as you back up your card occasionally (either directly or by downloading to Oscar / SleepyHead) there probably isn't really an issue. With the A10 the machine only over-writes old data when the card gets full. The S9 on the other hand would only keep a week's worth of high resolution data on the card before over-writing it. So if you didn't back up at least weekly then you'd lose that information forever.

DeepBreathing, that's really good information to know about the S9! Thank you for that! I'll adjust my download routine now. Is that information in the user manual, and I missed it?

We're in agreement about backing up the data occasionally. As long as we do that, then there shouldn't be an issue with the capacity of the SD card.
It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you get there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Especially consider how fast a SD card can go bad. Sad I’ve had one card go corrupt and one card literally crack. Oh-jeez

I usually download weekly now just to keep my data updated on OSCAR.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just for another data point, my Aircurve 10 came in 2015 with a 4 GB card (3.69 GB capacity). Currently 2.66 used, 1.03 remaining. The oldest file in the DATALOG folder is 2/13/2018. The data in the old Sleepyhead backups goes back to 2/2016. I could reconstruct the complete data history on the SD, but there is really no reason to do so. There may be drawbacks to very large SD card data libraries, I just don't know if the machine ignores or over-writes data more than about 1-1/2 years old.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 679 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 597 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Filled Data Card Greg Schultz 5 1,034 04-06-2020, 01:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry EncoreBasic SD card problem [non-PR card?] medinamike 5 2,365 10-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Sleepyhead imports from card instead of specified floder if a card is present DariaVader 5 2,614 03-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Last Post: DariaVader

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.