Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Filtering afternoon nap sessions out of OSCAR data & charts
Filtering afternoon nap sessions out of OSCAR data & charts
Hi OSCAR people,
Firstly, I want to say how grateful I am for OSCAR and it's predecessor SleepyHead. I'm finding it and extremely valuable tool for tracking my illness by identifying trends in the pressure data.
I often take afternoon naps/rests to deal with my daytime fatigue and although I rarely fall sleep during them, I put on my Resmed Autosense 10 Autoset because if I do happen to fall asleep without it, I tend to wake up feeling quite unwell.
I notice that my machine often reports very high AHI's during these rests even though I rarely fall asleep. I'm only interested in the CPAP data on how I sleep overnight, and I don't want my overnight data to include misleading data from the afternoon periods when I probably wasn't asleep anyway.
Is there some way to tell OSCAR to ignore sessions between certain times, like 9am to 6pm, when it is producing graphs, doing daily calculations and exporting data?
If not, is it possible that this could be added as an enhancement please?
Thanks,
Graham
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Filtering afternoon nap sessions out of OSCAR data & charts
You can tell OSCAR to ignore an entire session by clicking the checkbox next to the session list in the lower-left corner. So if you had a nap in which you didn't sleep, you could just turn off that session.

Currently there is no way to ask OSCAR not to process part of a session.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
What a person could also do is just pull the SD card so it can not record and when going for evening sleep session push it back in to record events.
When I take out my SD card to download to Oscar I have a small laundry close pin that I clip on door so if I forget to remember to install SD card again.(it works for this old timer who's memory is not as good as when I was younger.)
Post Reply Post Reply
I would not recommend pulling out the SD card to avoid recording a session, as the session will be recorded as Summary Only, and I'm not sure how OSCAR will handle a day with both summary and detailed sessions.

The best way to ignore a session is to untick it in the bottom of the left hand column, as Guy mentioned.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 77 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 88 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 60 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 223 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 107 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 98 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.