Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air
Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air
Hello my good people, 

I am a relatively new cpap user here. remsed auto 10 with nasal pillows and mouth tape. I have epr on 3 full time and auto ramp starting on pressure 4. I have been on cpap for about 3 months now and for the longest time I was feeling tired and not getting good sleep. until I realized I just needed more pressure and that I needed a tighter range on the cpap. i was operating on 8-9 min and 20 max. Recently I dialed it in to 10 min and 12 max. It has definitely made a difference. I just now am swallowing air and although I would prefer to have higher pressure swallow air and get a good nights rest I am greedy haha. I would love to feel rested without the aerophagia. Any tips on how to combat this swallowing of air. I have read that it tends to happen at higher pressures but is there anything I can do? Last thing is that I am 3 months on cpap but just 2 weeks using oscar so I am still new to analyzing the data. This forum has helped a ton in learning what every graph means. That being said I am going to attach a screesnhot to oscar data on a night where I felt rested and good in morning but swallowed a ton of air. Please do let me know if anything sticks out that could improve my therapy overall not just the aerophagia. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air
I think the biggest thing that stands out for me after looking at your data is your leak rate which can use some work. How long have you been on these new settings? I would highly recommend your turn ramp off.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air
I have been using these new setting for just 3 nights. And actually the leak rate was much worse before. I have had a leak issue every single night so far on cpap. Its weird because my mouth tape stays intact all night but i still feel like the leak is mouth leak maybe just coming out of the corner of my mouth? Turning ramp off I can try that but I feel like it may be kind of tough for me to fall asleep with pressure being 10. I will try though!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,023 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 248 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 211 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First two nights with results meettherobinsons 5 451 01-18-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: meettherobinsons
  Decent - but we all deserve better than that! Suggestions please. CPAPveteran 9 586 12-28-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.