Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally changed to a OSCAR supported device. Help me analyze my therapy please.
RE: Finally changed to a OSCAR supported device. Help me analyze my therapy please.
It appears EPR 2 has mowed down the scruffy Flow Limit chart. And you are feeling better for it. In cases like this where CA gets into the mix, you do have to decide if CA is worth avoiding or accepting. It seems you're better off accepting a few CA.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally changed to a OSCAR supported device. Help me analyze my therapy please.
It definitely seems that having a few centrals is worth it. And EPR2 feels the most natural so far and easiest to breathe with.

Thank you everyone for your help so far!
Im hoping that with these settings I might feel even better with time Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep checking in and updating every so often. Best to your success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi everyone, 

reviving my topic to ask for some advice. Since we adjusted my device I started getting pretty good results and I have pretty consistently felt less horrible in the mornings. I still feel like crap, no energy and never wake up rested but I do not wake up with headaches and muscle pains anymore, definitely also a bit more rested. 

So therapy is definitely doing something, its not amazing but its a pretty big improvement from before Smile 

Now I run into a different problem though. Since we raised the pressure on my device it got really loud. I tried different masks, tried comparing it with a different machine but its always the same. Maybe I am just sensitive but the noise got to a point where if I woke up during the night I could not continue sleeping with the mask anymore.

The technician from the company where I got the CPAP set up the ramp feature for me in order to keep the machine less noisy. This has helped A LOT. I was honestly thinking of giving up on CPAP before this. 

I was wondering if having the ramp option turned on has any negative effects on my therapy ? Could someone take a look a the last 3 days and let me know if they see any events during the ramp up time? As you will notice I turn the device off a couple of times during the night in order to start the ramp up time again so that I can fall asleep again.

My Resmed AirFit n30i has been leaking during the night lately and blowing air in my eyes, I think that this is whats waking me up all the time. I contacted my provider to replace the mask because I have been using it for a year now and qualify for another free one. 

ps. last night I didnt use the CPAP for too long because I kept getting leaks in my eyes and I couldnt manage to get a good seal, so I finally gave up on it around 4am and continued sleeping without it. needless to say, I feel like crap today.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
In case that you want to compare the results with a couple of nights without the ramp up function I am attaching some screenshots of that as well. 

The numbers of the events dont seem to change much but I cant read the rest of the results to see if there is an actual difference.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The real question is how do you feel?
Your numbers are there, the only thing left is comfort, We can, and do, offer suggestions to improve comfort, but they are mostly driven by the question

How do you feel?

well done by the way
Post Reply Post Reply
I feel the same with and without it. The only difference is that I can fall asleep normally with the ramp feature. So its much better I guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ramp can be set to Auto instead of the fixed 45 minutes you have now. When the machine detects respiration typical of sleep, it automatically ends the ramp period. Another trick is, if you have a bedside stand with a large drawer, you can put the machine inside the drawer with power and the air-tube conducted through a 2-inch hole in the back. This keeps the environment completely silent, and prevents any possibility of the CPAP taking a fall. It's easy to maintain by opening the drawer from the front. Therapy looks good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info! I will try with the auto ramp time.

I read that some people here keep their cpap in a drawer but the fact that I would breath in the air from a drawer feels a bit weird? I know that the cpap has a filter but still, if not a lot of air is coming in to the drawer through the night ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,061 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 156 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 253 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,342 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,025 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New to CPAP, need help with analyze OSCAR tomakl 2 116 03-24-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: tomakl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.