Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Finally up and running with Sleepyhead
Finally up and running with Sleepyhead
I finally got Sleepyhead installed and my data uploaded from my SD card.  Wow.  There's a lot there to digest!  But, something that's absolutely fascinating is the difference between my old fixed pressure Remstar (set at 12) and my new Resmed Autoset 10 (set 10-14).

If I'm to believe what my old machine reported, the time spent in apnea each night is at least cut in half!  You can clearly see when I started using the new machine.

Now, if I could figure out how I can have an AHI of zero one night, then 1.50 the next...

Here's a link to a recent night: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6zaM7g...sp=sharing

Thanks to Sleeprider who suggested the new Remstar
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Finally up and running with Sleepyhead
Looking at your graph for about an hour you were hitting the max pressure of 14 you might want to push the upper pressure up to 15 if that continues but the higher pressure also caused some mask leaks

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it was the Resmed I recommended rather than the Remstar. I don't see any benefits to changing settings. The number of events is more than in control, and evenly distributed with CA. I tend to discount the CA events when they are few and far between as possible movement, sleep disruption and normal breathing pauses, which leaves you with a real event rate of 0.75.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2017, 07:48 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think it was the Resmed I recommended rather than the Remstar.  I don't see any benefits to changing settings.  The number of events is more than in control, and evenly distributed with CA.  I tend to discount the CA events when they are few and far between as possible movement, sleep disruption and normal breathing pauses, which leaves you with a real event rate of 0.75.

I just realized I apparently forgot what machine I was using... I did purchase the one you recommended, and I thank you for that recommendation. There is a startling change in my data from fixed CPAP to the new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fan is running but no pressure from Dreamstaion Fireboss 2 53 Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,039 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  iNAP First Night Test Tonight (Running with APAP) Apnea23 4 1,217 01-21-2024, 10:32 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 460 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,377 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air sfgiants123 2 529 05-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: sfgiants123
  QAL finally got an AirSense 10, completely new but smells like bubblegum. quiescence at last 0 440 04-23-2023, 06:42 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.