Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fine-tuning APAP for CSA?
RE: Fine-tuning APAP for CSA?
Reset TiMAX to 3.0 seconds yesterday, TiMIN to 0.5.

This AM MyAir reports 100%, AHI 2.2/hr. So no significant change from yesterday's results.

Question:

Which graphs from OSCAR display would be of greatest help once posted here to gain a better idea of what's going on behind those numbers?
Post Reply Post Reply
the default order was carefully chosen for that purpose and if we need more we will ask. Using 'F12' to take the screenshot helps as well as it eliminates the calendar, pie chart, and right sidebar to allow the more critical info in the left sidebar to show.
Post Reply Post Reply
That would be my take as well. Those guys at OSCAR did an excellent job on the default chart setup. Unless needed for other optional views, F12 will do very well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That I'm using a Mac laptop (and one that has screen resolution 2x 72 ppl) so screen captures are done otherwise... F12 just raises sound output volume.

So let's try this (@ 72 ppl too and scaled a bit as well to keep file size down):

If this is too small to review comfortably, please suggest which would be better when larger.

Or I can attach a 1Mb PDF file from OSCAR'S Print Report function....
Post Reply Post Reply
And thanks for the tutorials Gideon, I'm reviewing them now.

I expect I'll be more in line with your suggestions for what to include and what not next time.
Post Reply Post Reply
For a Mac laptop, try using Fn+F12.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2021, 05:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: For a Mac laptop, try using Fn+F12.

Not on mine, but thanks.

CMD^3 works, gives a full-screen native res PNG @ 953KB
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good to me.  Everything is legible and clear.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=30691]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tried for months to get around dry-mouth. Have heated tube but going beyond HUM 3 I'd get 'rain-out' & wake up to sounds of snorkeling. So now I'm using micropore tape to keep my mouth closed, dry-mouth not a bother and doesn't seem to be affecting nasal passages negatively.

I'd read that dry-mouth can alter saliva pH to the point tooth enamel erodes leading to caries. Had my teeth cleaned a month ago, was told there are 3-5 smallish spots that are suspect, and will be taken care of in two weeks. Prior to this report I've had maybe one carie every two years at most so the dry-mouth was more than just uncomfortable.

As for the graphs; other forumites please chime in with your take on what's going on, what I maybe can change to effect an improved set of plots.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you get a hose holder, it would get your hose to take on an uphill slant from the PAP which should encourage moisture to drain back to the PAP machine. Then beyond that is maybe adding a heated hose and/or a hose wrap to prevent rainout.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 5 159 03-25-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: timthebaker
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 561 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,411 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help optimizing APAP SomeUser 8 1,147 03-12-2024, 03:51 AM
Last Post: SomeUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.