Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Night, Any Further Improvements?
RE: Any further improvement?
I too see need of higher pressure.

Any pressure guru consideration to maybe a suggestion on a higher trigger to avoid CA? It looks to me as if this is headed towards a see-saw status of Hypopnoea vs centrals complication.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for your responses.

Here are 3 zooms of the 3 largest cluster of Clear Airway events.

Hopefully this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Brad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I wanted to verify the CA events were not arising out of flow limitation. I mistakenly suggested settings based on an Autoset previously, and Dave jogged my memory that you use a Vauto at very low pressure and pressure support. Currently 4 to 8 with PS 2. Ther e is little doubt that you need a higher pressure, and I don't recall if we moved trigger sensitivity to high in the past, but suspect we did. Did I ever mention EERS?

Edit: I merged this new thread with your previous one. The problem is we lose the history of what has been suggested or tried. Please try to keep therapy questions in one thread.

Reviewing this thread, I have not discussed EERS (enhanced expiratory rebreathing space) and you are dealing with aerophagia at higher pressure. When you first posted, you had pressure up to 16 and PS 4. This resulted in lots of CA and aerophagia. We tried PS 2 at 4 to 9 pressure and your AHI was 2.67, and you cited good results for aerophagia. Results were variable and increased to 5.4. Your latest chart are PS 2 at 4 to 8 and AHI is up just over 7.

I think you did better at a higher pressure, and I want to go to PS 2 at 6.0 to 9.0 pressure. Read the wiki on EERS and see if you feel comfortable with trying this approach to control CA events. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ace_(EERS)
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First Night, Any Further Improvements?
EERS would be interesting here. Assuming it does well, this could get AHI down to about 3 or so with the numbers on this most recent OSCAR. Could be a winner.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 136 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 203 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  New user - Tired despite improvements with CPAP GuyIncognito 11 732 01-15-2024, 06:06 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  CPAP trial - Improvements but exhausted still prairiesleeper 7 518 10-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 851 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.