Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Post Organization and Help
RE: First Post Organization and Help
I could be wrong, but a better and more comfortable way to get the good AHI seen is to lower the PS a bit and raise EPAP and IPAP. I'd think a higher PS such as 5 might be somewhat uncomfortable.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, I have a deviation of the nasal septum, I can't breath by my nose. When I started with a full face mask F10, I continued to always breathing with my mouth.

When I changed my mask for a F30i the first morning I woke up and realized I was breathing by my nose.
And now I always use my nose with the f30i, I tried again the F10 and it's impossible for me to breath with my nose.

I think the pressure on the exterior of my nose is the problem.

And yes maybe you could try to reduce the pressure. and check if the numbers still goods.
Post Reply Post Reply
the stats I was referring to are those in the left sidebar. those are for the current day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
(03-16-2021, 05:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi Lgibson!  -  Welcome

You can adjust your font type and size if you go to File > Preferences > Appearance > Fonts(in the lower half).  Overall your chart looks good.  How do you feel?

Hello Crimson,

I am able to reset fonts on the File/Preferences/Appearance/Fonts page. But the "OK" button at the very bottom is obscured by my taskbar. Just can't get the tablet's cursor on it. What can you suggest? I cannot seem to ditch the taskbar.

Thanks,
Laurence
Post Reply Post Reply
You can try to edit them in the Preferences.xml file in your OSCAR_Data directory. I STRONGLY recommend that you make a backup copy of this file first. Look for lines with the <Fonts_Title_Size type="int">, <Fonts_Graph_Size type="int">, Fonts_Big_Size type="int">, and <Fonts_Application_Size type="int">. The value listed in between the > and < is the size, reduce it accordingly.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2021, 01:05 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I could be wrong, but a better and more comfortable way to get the good AHI seen is to lower the PS a bit and raise EPAP and IPAP. I'd think a higher PS such as 5 might be somewhat uncomfortable.
Thank you, Dave
I took your advice, raising the EPAP .4 and lowering the PS .4
Comparing at last night's screenshot (below) with the night before I see flow limitations creeping in and  a bit more OA. I believe the one after 2 am actually awoke me.

The main reason I quit CPAP was difficulty exhaling. I did notice the extra EPAP a bit last night and the mask began to leak a little. So I do not know how to proceed. It is worth noting that I had 0 events both nights until the early morning hours. I realize my numbers are really quite good. Perhaps I should just stand pat. What do you think? 

When I see my typical pattern of gradually diminishing flow culminating in OA it does not look like the pressures are acting to correct the situation. 

Post Reply Post Reply
The stat of .46 Obstructive is very good. So I'd not adjust any further due solely to numbers. Most masks should handle the PAP Max of 20-25, so I'd suggest you research your mask adjustment directions and look at fit to see if it matches your needs. Being that the last night's stat of a Max 13.38 with higher leaks signifies a mask adjust or fit need.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright! So, first night ever with no events and I feel great as well.
Nevertheless, I see there is room for improvement on flow limitations and mask leaking. I read there is a definite connection between PS and FL's so tempted to creep up the PS. I see no centrals to worry about and do not find it uncomfortable. I'll keep working on the mask. 

Post Reply Post Reply
Very good stats, even leak rate is low. Leaks were about 6 so that's good. You can't improve this one as you can't get negative AHI Smile, and overall that's a very good place to be. So the only thing to do now is repeat it. Good job.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-02-2021, 10:32 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Very good stats, even leak rate is low. Leaks were about 6 so that's good. You can't improve this one as you can't get negative AHI Smile, and overall that's a very good place to be. So the only thing to do now is repeat it. Good job.
Repetition is what I'm after now. Machine settings are unchanged but it has been over a week since that magic 0.0. I did try bumping up EPAP to 6.4 but the numbers were worse. 
I see the same old pattern where volume gradually decreases to almost nothing and I have a 24--25 second OA flagged. Suggestions?

And an Oscar question: in the 3 minute view it looks like the AirCurve does nothing to respond to the OA. I do see reaction on the un-zoomed screen. Why is this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 7 117 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Arrow Your Personal CPAP Success Story - Post Here SuperSleeper 1,364 625,843 03-24-2024, 07:19 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 186 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  r4robin - Therapy Thread (Help with BiLevel settings-post #5) r4robin 42 1,818 03-11-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  First Post - Help with Settings Ideas jrudicel 3 169 03-10-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: jrudicel
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 269 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  [CPAP] New User Struggling - PSG and CPAP Data Post PSG1 4 2,114 01-08-2024, 06:57 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.