Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First Steps Toward Better Health: Report Eval?
RE: First Steps Toward Better Health: Report Eval?
It's not! I definitely feel better, and my BP has lessened already by as much as 10 mm Hg on both diastolic and systolic. I must have been really putting some stress on the ol' ticker all night long for years.

I have been struggling a bit with leaks, but they don't seem too bad. I'm using the DreamWear FFM. It's a bit harder to notice the leaks on the FFM because of the substantial "leakable" surface area, and the fact that I seem to find it a bit noisy even when fitted correctly. I'm sure it's when I move in bed. In fact, the big leak around 7:30 marks the time that my cat pawed me in the face and woke me up.  Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
Darn those cats, lol! I'm in the same boat from a BP perspective. I was not doing myself or my ticker any favors when I was untreated and it's way down now. My normal morning BP is now around 115/70. I was happy before if it was in the 140's over 90.

When I went to the local CPAP store last week to get the DreamWisp, I was looking at the DreamWear FF. The owner of the store actually advised against it because he's been getting a lot of feedback from customers who couldn't get a good fit and had excessive leaks. He pointed me to the ResMed F30 and said I would probably like it better. I tried it in the store and ended up getting it.

I do like the F30, the leaks have been minimal and it's a comfortable mask. You may want to look into that one at some point and see what you think of it. Especially if you have a local store where you can try one on and hook it up to a machine before you buy it.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a good tip on the F30, thanks. I do have a store locally where I can try one. I only got the DreamWare FFM because I got a DreamWare nasal pillow with my unit but found it unusable for me. The FFM unit snapped right into the DreamWare headgear that I already had, and I got a demo unit of the FFM for cheap. The F30 does look a bit more robust. I may give it a shot. Until then, the DreamWear's leaks aren't bad enough to be too concerned with, as far as I can tell. It seems like with CPAP treatment, success is found on the margin, so any improvement is coveted!
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2019, 11:33 AM)matsarge Wrote: It looks like you get periodic leaks throughout the night. 

A Philips machine shows both intentional and unintentional leak, there is absolutely nothing going on with leaks here these are brilliant leak numbers. There is nothing to worry about until leaks hit in excess of 70l/m on a philips machine the leak numbers are almost a 10th of that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found a PR FAQ that states that large leaks are defined as twice the Intemded leak.  
Look at http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Rate_Graph
It shows some calculations based on published PR Masks Intended Flows.

I was digging for PR info on Large Leaks and that is what I found.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, jaswilliams and bonjour. It looks like with a max leak of 7L/min in quite good, essentially negligible. It has been worse than that in the past, but I'm keeping an eye on it. It seems that better nights of sleep result in fewer leaks overall. I expect that as I get more used to the CPAP, the leaks will diminish as I  will have fewer restless periods.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to say, I'm pretty happy with how things are going, especially to those on this board who were willing to lend me their expertise. Thank you!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gut Absorbtion Health? Zoltyzolt 0 88 03-21-2024, 02:12 PM
Last Post: Zoltyzolt
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 200 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 169 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 203 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  excessive snore on report jentlesoal 0 174 02-06-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: jentlesoal
Cool [Health] FYI: OSA AND EYE HEALTH srlevine1 2 304 01-27-2024, 01:54 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,448 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.