Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First-ever 'tube fault' - what to do?
First-ever 'tube fault' - what to do?
This morning around 5 a.m. I woke up because the tube from my Resmed S9 was hot (not at all normal), and while I was looking at it for clues, the main unit turned itself off. The onscreen error said "Heated tube fault, replace tube."

Today I visually inspected the tube. Then I re-attached it, and powered up the S9. No errors.

I've been using this tube for several years, and my supplier is sending "due for replacement" messages, so it may be time for a new hose.

However, two things: I stopped using water years ago, and I don't care if the hose is heated. Google tells me there is a plain hose option called SlimLine?   Any comments from you folks?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First-ever 'tube fault' - what to do?
There is not much point to a heated tube when not using humidity. The SlimLine tube is 15 mm and lighter on your face and less expensive. There is no good reason to use a tube more than a year. Even the theated tube costs $25 on Amazon and the Slimline is $13. I like using a fleece cover on mine to make it softer against my face and body.

You may be getting close to replacement time for your S9. Ask your supplier about it. It is really inconvenient to wait until it breaks down to inquire about replacement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You Sleeprider for the quick reply! I'll order today.

You're right about replacing the S9. I have postponed because my employer opted not to let me have health insurance, and need to save my pennies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okieman, we can probably help you find a better price if you're out of pocket. Let us know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome!! Will do!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 106 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 451 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.