Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night ever with Cpap What do you think
First night ever with Cpap What do you think
[attachment=14055]What do you folks think of the first night?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night ever with Cpap What do you think
So far, so good.  However, and don't be dismayed by my 'downer' comment, one night does not a trend make.  We'd be far more amenable to offering some suggestions once we see how you settle-in.  I would let this go for at least two more nights to see how anything changes...if it's going to.  

It would be nice to see how the machine records any minor leaks.  They may actually be quite substantial, and clustered, without actually breaking the 'large' barrier.

Welcome, and keep up the good work.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. You're doing very well. When posting OSCAR data please follow the instructions below to delete the pie chart and display event flags, flow rate, leak rate, pressure (not mask pressure, and snore. If any setting adjustments are needed down the road those changes will provide the most useful data.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
2nd night and cleaned up the Oscar graph.  

[attachment=14074]
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2019, 11:13 AM)Jammer Wrote: 2nd night and cleaned up the Oscar graph.  

Your graphs look very good but please turn back on the events you have turned off, you can leave VS2 turned off but turn on FL, CA, RERA etc
Post Reply Post Reply
3 days in so far.  Any recommendations?
[attachment=14116] [attachment=14121] [attachment=14123] [attachment=14124] [attachment=14129]
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=14135][attachment=14134][attachment=14133][attachment=14132][attachment=14130]

[attachment=14136]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your results are very good.  You might want to switch flow limitation, RERA and VS (snores) back on.  Here are a couple thoughts on some of those graphs.

This looks like nasal congestion. Your are inhaling normally, but exhale mostly through the mouth, then you inhale sharply, swallow causing the OA and an arousal follows.  Several of those inhales following the inhale are followed by pauses suggesting a swallow and sharp exhale, followed by another "sniff". 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=14135]

This brief hypopnea is not caused by flow limitation or airway restriction, you just briefly don't inhale as deeply and the rate increases. This does not appear to have awakened you.  In general, most of the hypopnea you posted does not appear flow limited and is a brief reduction in flow rate and volume.  While it is flagged as hypopnea, they appear to be insignificant as respiratory events. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=14121]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=14129]

I would guess you had quite a few snores scored between 3:45 and 4:00 that caused pressure increases, so we should put those events back in.  A minimum pressure of 7.0 would probably be a good thing. We can see that your respiratory flow following breaks in therapy has a lot of amplitude, and that sometimes means you're sucking in air with some effort that slightly higher pressure would relieve. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=14116]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot Sleeprider for the reply.  I actually felt a little congested last night.  I think your spot on.  I need to digest all this info and make some tweaks.  Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome,

But don't get excited (or disappointed) by results in the first few days/weeks... there will be ups and downs along the way, there will be good and bad nights, it is all part of the journey. 

See how you are going in a few months once your body has settled in to it all. 

The knowledge in this group is immense, you will find the information and ideas you need as it all progresses.  
Coffee
- They are not spelling/grammar errors.. I live in Australia, we do it differently Down Under  Big Grin -
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,132 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 880 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 400 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  new CPAP user night 12 .......runny nose Barbara Williams 0 350 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Barbara Williams
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 432 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night Guard use with CPAP brettski99 3 633 10-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  [Treatment] Low AHI/RDI with CPAP but still jolting awake every night boogiemoogie 0 487 08-09-2023, 05:39 AM
Last Post: boogiemoogie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.