Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First night results - BIG Improvement!
First night results - BIG Improvement!
After waiting far too long, dealing with insurance and sleep study denials, then finally getting my machine.  I was able to use it for the first time last night.  Looks like it's working great, but the OSCAR charts can be a bit overwhelming for a newbie. So I thought I'd toss my first night chart up here to see if anyone has any advice.

I was getting used to the mask last night, and while it wasn't horrible, I did wake up a few times just getting used to having something on my face.

My home sleep study had me at an AHI of 38.4 with 6 centrals 18 mixed and 142 hypopneas.  So my first night results seem fantastic.

Any input people have is always welcome as I try to wrap my mind around this data.  Already feeling more mentally alert than I've been in a long time.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First night results - BIG Improvement!
Looks good, one small change, set your min pressure to 6 to take full advantage of your fulltime EPR setting of 2
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-08-2019, 11:54 AM)Eldon Wrote: After waiting far too long, dealing with insurance and sleep study denials, then finally getting my machine.  I was able to use it for the first time last night.  Looks like it's working great, but the OSCAR charts can be a bit overwhelming for a newbie. So I thought I'd toss my first night chart up here to see if anyone has any advice.

I was getting used to the mask last night, and while it wasn't horrible, I did wake up a few times just getting used to having something on my face.

My home sleep study had me at an AHI of 38.4 with 6 centrals 18 mixed and 142 hypopneas.  So my first night results seem fantastic.

Any input people have is always welcome as I try to wrap my mind around this data.  Already feeling more mentally alert than I've been in a long time.

I can certainly say that OSCAR makes a huge difference with ensuring that you get the best from your treatment. Compared to my first night I would say that your results are very good, with minimal leaks.

Bonjour is highly knowledgeable and his suggestions are always on the mark to help you get even better results. As he says, with the min setting at 6 and an EPR of 1 you'll be at your minimum pressure of 5.
Captain Steubing
The Original Captain of "The Love Boat"
Purveyor of presto magic, love and chaos!
My Personal Blog
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Eldon, welcome to AB. Not bad numbers for being a newbie. Wishing you find continued success.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a ton for the warm welcome and advice.  I really appreciate it! 

I'll make those changes and cross my fingers that my results continue.  I'm excited to feel normal again.

Thanks again everyone.

-Eldon
Post Reply Post Reply
Friendly pointer, don't get too upset when your numbers stray from that low AHI. Variations will happen. If it strays above 5 and/or you don't feel like the therapy is helping, that's when investigation into why happens. Just put some time into it and get better sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like you’re off to a very good start! Do post another chart after you change your settings. When you do, could you be sure to squeeze in the flow limitation graph? Seeing it might help the experts guide you further.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been one week on CPAP now, and I'm feeling great.  The biggest improvement for me was the lifting of a brain fog.  Previously it felt like I was thinking about 30-40% slower.  Now I'm feeling much more like myself.  Here are the graphs for the last 6 days for anyone interested.  Everything is looking decent as far as I can tell.  I'm pretty sure I have a minor sinus infection causing serious night time congestion... and that's been the case all week, but luckily if doesn't seem to effect my full mask results much (again, as far as I can tell)
Post Reply Post Reply
I also wanted to add, that I track my sleep cycles with a Withings sleep mat, and I've gone from an average of 1 hour of "deep sleep" per night to around 3.5 hours of "deep sleep"  So happy to have this working for me.  Seems to make a giant difference!  

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 528 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 131 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 79 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 178 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 156 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.