Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

First snow of the year and a bad result!
Exclaimation 
First snow of the year and a bad result!
Well we got a shocker this morning when we looked out, the world had turned white! 
Then I got another shocker, my results for last night said 1.0AHI.  That is bad for me, the worst I have had is 0.6 and I thought that was a bad night. 
However, I woke up on my back and that may be the problem as my pillows are quite high. 
Normally I would wake up after a minute or so on my back, but last night I don't think I did. 
Still, 1.0 is still good, but it was only for 4 hours sleep. 
Snow so early in the year is a bit of a shock for us these days.  The leaves have been dropping earlier this year than they have been for years since I was knee high to a grasshopper.  I am used to leaves still being on the trees these days until Guy Fox fireworks night on November the 5th.  This year they are ahead of their game as if it was 40 years ago.  Are we going to have a bad winter here and what is worse, am I going to have a bed winter of apneas?  I hope this is not going to be a tred for me or the weather!
Have a nice day all.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: First snow of the year and a bad result!
Maybe we'll have a winter that does start a bit early. Blame global warming.

As for the AHI trend, most any sleep and/or environment variable can cause mysterious ups and downs.

Solution? Get a coffee and reflect.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
How did you feel?  Don’t get hung up on 1.0 versus 0.6 if you feel well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thats no difference at all!
Post Reply Post Reply
Guy Fox or Guy Fawkes?
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2018, 06:51 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Guy Fox or Guy Fawkes?

Yes that's him, that is what I get typing on a phone in a hurry Laugh-a-lot
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
We'll overlook that this time. How about some tea and Krimpets (Tastykake)?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am not that bothered about it, it just happened to be the first night of snow, snowed a while today then all cleared up.
As for the 1.0, I hope it is a one off as I have always been no higher than 0.3 normally, but my worst night till then had been 0.4.
I had an angry face this morning but only 0.2 AHI.
I think this firm pillow she bought me is a bit to firm, it is memory foam.

I think we need another Guy Fawkes over here!

Oops, just thinking aloud Big Grin

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-28-2018, 11:31 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: We'll overlook that this time. How about some tea and Krimpets (Tastykake)?

I have had plenty of Birthday Cake from yesterday!  Loads of coffee and tea today.  It was the oldest ones birthday yesterday and his daughter wanted to get him a huge cake.  More inches on the middle and more pounds of weight!   Rolleyes 
There is still half of the cake left and I am fed up seeing it already!

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I like pie more than cake. Now, ice cream cake is a different story. But that's hard to do for birthdays when you have as many candles on it like I require... Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,623 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,038 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  1 year on CPAP - No progress: Lowenstein Prisma Smart phoen1kx 30 1,478 03-15-2024, 04:47 PM
Last Post: phoen1kx
  It's Been Almost a Year With My aPAP, Still Need Help AP0011 2 307 01-20-2024, 03:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Last year, AHI <1. This year, AHI >5. WTF? srwilsn3 14 800 12-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  [Treatment] Review of OSCAR Result wasvsdal 7 665 10-18-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question [Pressure] Many Settings - Same Result - OSCAR Detectives take a look? BionicBreather 16 1,784 10-16-2023, 10:53 AM
Last Post: BionicBreather

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.