Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

"For Her" setting in AirSense 11 Autoset
RE: "For Her" setting in AirSense 11 Autoset
cathyf I really like your post.  I feel the same way.

The worst thing about cpap therapy has been the sleep doc for me.  Treatment for OSA in Ontario has been more stressful than having OSA!

I appreciate the post revealing features of the *for her*. I have an S10 *for her*.  my test AHI 35+ years ago was 43  I'm extremely grateful that I have this machine.  Living in Ontario Canada this machine is listed as a cpap.....the system won't allow a sleep doc to prescribe an apap for people like me. 

The best thing about OSA therapy has occurred because I listened to the advice I was given here.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
My S10 autosensse was on the *for her* mode. I had horrible frequent flow limits.

Changed it to apap mode *for him!*

Much reduced flow limits.

Only change.

If interested please look at the last post I made with 2 screen shots.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ew?page=76

I know it's an S10; posting in hopes it helps someone.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
All the above helps me. I just received a Resvent iBreeze which I think I will return and insist on an Airsense 11 For Her. I’ve been on an Airsense 10, so I am accustomed to their algorithms. That alone should be sufficient reason.

I hope not to mention that I also want to look at my own data, and adjust my own settings! I might compare the “for her” setting vs the “for him” that my 10 has had for 7.75 years. But I will say that, if they refuse to listen to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is your hold card.
The DME has a Choice of either providing you with an AutoSet or not providing you with any machine.

FYI, there is an AirSense 11 AutoSet, there is not an AirSense 11 AutoSet for Her.
Post Reply Post Reply
To clarify what Gideon said, the AirSense 11 Autoset includes the For Her mode, along with the Autoset and CPAP modes.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is also a section on the For Her algorithm in the Apnea Board Wiki:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...a_in_Women

The good thing about the AirSense 11 Autoset is that one can try out all three modes on one machine and see which works best.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 340 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 835 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,172 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.