Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fisher and Paykal software
Fisher and Paykal software
Can Oscar read data from usb stick of fisher and paykal machine.
Where to get its software?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher and Paykal software
According to the OSCAR Wiki (Here), F&P's can be a hit or miss on reporting.  When it does report, it is very limited data.    It is a shame that their machines are not as good as their masks.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
To expand on what CN said, OSCAR cannot read data from the F&P SleepStyle machines. OSCAR has limited support for the older F&P Icon machines, but those machines lack useful data.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are there any plans to support the F & P Sleepstyle in the future or do those machines simply not provide suitable data?  I am a new user (with an IT background), about to take delivery of a F & P Sleepstyle machine.    (I am in Australia)
Post Reply Post Reply
"Plan" is too strong a word. On a background basis, I have been looking into what data the F&P SleepStyle provides. The data structures have been changed from the Icon to SleepStyle models, so the programming required is more than just "tweaking" the existing icon loader in OSCAR.

While the SleepStyle has the detailed flow data missing in the Icon series, it is still very limited compared to what ResMed or Philips Respironics machines provide. If you want data, I would recommend ResMed machines.

A difficult part of this reverse engineering task is to figure out how the data is encoded. Without a developer actually having a SleepStyle machine and access to F&P's InfoSmart program, interpreting the data files will be slow and problematic.

My effort is focused now on the upcoming OSCAR 1.2.0 release, so I have not looked at the SleepStyle data for a month or two.

We are always interested in supporting new machines, but the problem is finding a developer with the skills and interest to develop support for the machine.

So, we're not making any commitment, but we are looking at SleepStyle support.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
(10-04-2020, 12:09 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: "Plan" is too strong a word. .....

So, we're not making any commitment, but we are looking at SleepStyle support.

Thanks for your response.  

Background:  As mentioned, I am new to all of this.   I live in a rural area (4 hrs drive from Perth in Western Australia) and was prompted to look into OSA after many comments from my wife (snoring, pauses in breathing, for YEARS!) and a recent suggestion from my doctor that a sleep study might be an option.  This is difficult/challenging because of where we live, and the associated cost...

A few weeks ago, I was given an old Resmed Autoset 'Spirit' by a friend.  (23,000 hrs use!)  The mask (straps) had perished, so after some brief research I ordered a Philips Nasal Pillows mask....   After the mask arrived and struggling with it for a few nights, I made some progress and have been sleeping much better than I have for years...  bit sill getting AHI ~10 (AI: 1  HI: 9)

So, I decided to go all in.  I don't have private health insurance (the health system is different in Australia, as you probably know) and had to dip into my savings.  I did some more research and settled on the F & P Sleepstyle  @ AU$ 1599 (they are expensive here).  I ordered it from Perth over a week ago but due to Civid, the mail is slow, and I don't have it yet.

While waiting, I kept researching OSA and found apneaboard.com.   Probably should have started here first.  Unsure

I have an IT background (been out of it for a few years) and my 'programming' skills only extend to HTML/XML and a bit of scripting. It would be great to get some data from the Sleepstyle.  I would be happy to work with the team and send whatever data I can retrieve from the machine, if that helps at all?

I guess, my other option is to send it back and get a Resmed instead?  This would likely take a couple of weeks at least.  

Thanks again for your help.  Sorry if I am wasting your time.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are not wasting our time.  It is a goal of ours to add machines.  The key to this is to understand the data structures used by the manufacturers and they are rarely forthcoming (hasn't happened yet).

If you think you could help us thih the F&P data structure that would be greatly appreciated.  Our developers will help you move along.  If not . . . 
IMHO the most important factor in a machine is data, detailed data.  ResMed is, IMHO, the best machine to get, specifically the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.

Any choice you make we will support.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2020, 08:49 PM)Bladerunner Wrote: It would be great to get some data from the Sleepstyle.  I would be happy to work with the team and send whatever data I can retrieve from the machine, if that helps at all?

I very much appreciate the offer! It is that kind of assistance that gets support for a new machine working.

As and if we get further along, I will be looking for people with SleepStyle machines to provide me with lots of data, adjust settings and send it again (so I can see what changed in the data files), etc.  I'll put out a general call on the forum when/if I reach that point.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Fred,

Thanks for your reply.  I am reasonably technical (previous Network Admin / Web Developer) and am willing to learn, so if having access to the data will help, I'm happy to give it a go.

As it turns out, now that I am beginning to understand more about OSA, I suspect my wife also has it (snoring, occasionally gasping for breath, often tired during the day) and we may need a second machine, so having access to the data becomes even more important.

I'll let you know how we decide to proceed when the new machine arrives.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2020, 10:42 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 08:49 PM)Bladerunner Wrote: It would be great to get some data from the Sleepstyle.  I would be happy to work with the team and send whatever data I can retrieve from the machine, if that helps at all?

I very much appreciate the offer!  It is that kind of assistance that gets support for a new machine working.

As and if we get further along, I will be looking for people with SleepStyle machines to provide me with lots of data, adjust settings and send it again (so I can see what changed in the data files), etc.  I'll put out a general call on the forum when/if I reach that point.

As I just responded to Fred,  happy to help out if I can.   I don't mind messing around with the settings and sending lots of data if that helps.

I'll let you know when I have some data to share.

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 428 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 10 620 02-18-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,007 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,186 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,100 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 684 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.