Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir Mapped to Drive OSCAR Can't See Network
FlashAir Mapped to Drive OSCAR Can't See Network
Hi I'm new here. I got my Toshiba FlashAir set to a network drive and then added it. But not OSCAR doesn't see that network drive to add it. Do I need to somehow copy it to a local drive and link that?

Using Windows 10

Do I have to use FlashPAP or is there another way that's automatic?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir Mapped to Drive OSCAR Can't See Network
When you mapped the network drive did you do it as WedDAV location?

In the "Map network drive" window select the drive letter you wish to use.
Then in the location window enter: http://192.168.1.120
just replace the above IP address with the IP of your FlashAir card.  You should see an entry in File Explorer for "DavWWWRoot (\\yourIPaddress)"

OSCAR should now import from the FlashAir card over your network.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You only get an option to find directory on OSCAR. There's no way to put the IP Address of the WebDav and have it connect directly to that. Only figured out how to use FlashPap to get it into another directory which OSCAR sees.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use flashpap to do the copy to a directory on my pc it works well I found WebDAV made Oscar imports slow due to the low speed of the flashair card
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2020, 01:34 AM)ResidentSleeper Wrote: You only get an option to find directory on OSCAR. There's no way to put the IP Address of the WebDav and have it connect directly to that. Only figured out how to use FlashPap to get it into another directory which OSCAR sees.

After you mount WebDAV with File Explorer, open OSCAR and select "CPAP Importer".  From that popup window choose Select a Folder, then choose Specify.  You should get a File Explorer like window.  Click My Computer then select the drive letter you assigned when you mapped the card.  OSCAR will now import directly from the FlashAir card.

As jaswilliams mentioned this method can be a little slow importing into OSCAR due to the limitations of the FlashAir card.  You can either use FlashPAP, or make a shell script (batch file) that will mount the WebDAV location, copy the files to a folder on your hard drive, then unmount the WebDav.

On my Mac I prefer using a shell script that mounts the FlashAir, copies the files to my hard drive using rsync, then unmounts FlashAir.  Rsync only copies files that have changed since the last copy, so it goes pretty fast.  Windows should have something similar.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-07-2020, 07:58 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: On my Mac I prefer using a shell script that mounts the FlashAir, copies the files to my hard drive using rsync, then unmounts FlashAir.  Rsync only copies files that have changed since the last copy, so it goes pretty fast.  Windows should have something similar.

If you are going to mimic this operation on a Windows platform, you have basically 2 (free) options. Use either the command "robocopy" or, better yet, the free Microsoft program, SyncToy2.1. I've experienced problems with robocopy not copying the newest folder in the DATALOG directory. An internet search has reveled that this is a known weak spot in robocopy.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,245 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 742 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 94,950 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 796 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Transfering FlashAir card to new machine. foxfire 1 494 04-30-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  FlashAir card and changing SSID todivefor 12 1,097 03-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Last Post: todivefor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.