Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

FlashAir truncating files names and not importing into OSCAR
FlashAir truncating files names and not importing into OSCAR
Hi All,

Not sure if anyone has come across this before, but I figured it is worth an ask.

I recently was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and got setup with an AirSense 10. Within a day or so, I came across this forum and discovered OSCAR and that people are importing their data using the Toshiba FlashAir SD Card. I picked up one of the 8 GB, class 6 FlashAir cards and managed to get it working after fighting with the config file. I was also able to successfully sync the data with FlashPAP with no issues. I did find that when trying to import the data, into OSCAR I get the following error:

Import Problem: Couldn't find any valid Machine Data at C:/FlashPAP/airsense_data

If I import the files directly from the SD Card, things work perfectly. The only thing different seems to be the file names being truncated, for example:

20C2W2~1.CRC

vs

20210815_230345_CSL.crc

Has anyone experienced this? I am probably missing something stupid.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FlashAir truncating files names and not importing into OSCAR
Hi y2kdread!  -  Welcome

Based off of your example,  it appears that the import is limited to an 8.3 format.  What version number is your FlashAir?   Also, what version of Windows are you using?

Note: If you are looking for the FlashAir version, it is to the lower right of the FlashAir name on the card's label. It should say something like, W-03 or W-04.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think this is one of the "original" cards, I don't see a version on it. I did buy it from the only seller that is selling at a reasonable price on eBay (I can't post the link).
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I can determine, versions up to version W-02 only supported an 8.3 format.  LFN (Long File Name) wasn't supported until version W-03. This limitation is in the communication firmware. The SD's file storage is a totally separate entity and has no problem using the longer names.

Sorry to rain on your parade.  Confused
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah, dang!

Since it doesn't seem like that would be possible with the card I have, do you know of any vendors who sell the newer version of the card at a reasonable price or any other options? I see various threads with people trying to do similar things, but there is quite a lot of information go to go through on those.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting O2 Insight Pro files to OSCAR? SnoozeBest 18 440 04-14-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Importing blood oxymetry data from Samsung Health Scarmen 5 1,645 04-10-2024, 02:18 PM
  Oscar 1.5.2 freezes at Backing up Files Win11 warreparre 1 88 04-01-2024, 04:48 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 216 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  Data Files in an upgrade AlanR 2 111 03-10-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: AlanR
  Importing Oximetry data billmelk 1 177 03-10-2024, 02:27 PM
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 738 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.