Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow Rate Graph, Mini Arousals - Experts Needed
RE: Flow Rate Graph, Mini Arousals - Experts Needed
Last night unfortunately I again failed to put the SD card in the machine for part of the night, so missed collection half the nights data... good news is that the wireless SD card arrived, so hopefully this problem will now stop....

I've produced a serious of screenshots for the 30th APR (EPR 2, Min 6) and 02nd May (EPR 3, Min 6)

30th Apr Screenshots:

Post Reply Post Reply
30th Apr Screenshots Cont'd:

Post Reply Post Reply
02nd May Screenshots:

Post Reply Post Reply
02nd May Cont'd:

Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean exactly by "jaw alignment" problems?
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s a nonsense diagnosis from my sleep doctor, who has been not providing me with any decent health care whatsoever...

If you look for another post by myself titled “Jaw Alignment as a cause of OSA“ you will see the detail.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

Great punch of data and information to go through! What a quest! Let me try the best I can....

_ charts display better, you are getting better....nonetheless still a little hard to go through (too compressed  MV TV Insp ....Events could be replaced by FL curve). 

Even though:

_ in terms of diagnose, it looks to me my hyphotesis of UARS is confirmed (OA are "false" or non-existent), based on your sleep studies and last two day set of curves. As it looks your problems come from long ago, maybe your cervical surgery would not be interfering with respiration (things like hyoid bone angulation, etc....);

_ great chances your FLimited inspirations (flat tops and arousals) and quasi-hypopneas ( <10 s, < 80%) is disturbind your sleep a lot, provoking arousals and awakenings; and maybe your main wake ups;

_ it looks, as predicted, EPR 3.0 did not not improve your UARS; except, maybe, higher E:I ratio (unfortunately not posted FL curve, even though numbers wise are the same as 30th);

_as I said above, would be worth trying a BiPAP (aircurve 10, VAUTO), once you would be willing to clear up FLimited effects on  your sleep. Adding some Pressure support would be the only way I know one can improve/tame FLimitation with;

_ It looks you would not have a good sleep hygiene, maybe not possible for you?

_not sure how/if all those medications would be affecting your sleep (in particular, few hours, and main wake ups), or even your respiration itself (unlikely, I think). You might want try testing this if not detrimental;

_ from literature, it may be part of your issues could be comorbidities of UARS itself;

All the best

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Mper,

I don't believe English is you primary language? As I'm getting lost with some of your sentences and I believe its because of translation...

I understand what you say about trying a BiPAP machine but that is not simple, I currently do not have a Sleep Doctor to provide me with a BiPAP machine to trial, I had to purchase the ResMed 10 Autosense machine to use it, it cost a lot of money, I cannot buy a BiPAP machine just to try it...

Tomorrow I will call ResMed directly, they have clinics in London, I'm hoping they will be able to help me out, put me in front of a sleep doctor who knows what he is doing, to deep analyse my use of the ResMed 10 Autosense machine, to anaylse my sleep problems and perhaps look into a BiPAP trial as well...

- I need to get rid of my current sleep doctor, he is hopeless...

When you say the charts are a little hard to go through (too compressed), you need to give me more explanation, more words, so I can understand what you mean. I think this is a translation problem, do you want to private message me, perhaps we can have a 1:1 conversation and get this right once and for all? Otherwise we could be doing this for a long time...
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider suggested that you try a minimum pressure of 7.0 and EPR of 3.0.

Have you tried that for a few nights?

If not, you should, and report back. 

I don't know your larger story, but it can take time to adjust to PAP therapy; many weeks, and even months.
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2020, 04:12 PM)hallra Wrote: Hi Mper,

I don't believe English is you primary language? As I'm getting lost with some of your sentences and I believe its because of translation...

I understand what you say about trying a BiPAP machine but that is not simple, I currently do not have a Sleep Doctor to provide me with a BiPAP machine to trial, I had to purchase the ResMed 10 Autosense machine to use it, it cost a lot of money, I cannot buy a BiPAP machine just to try it...

Tomorrow I will call ResMed directly, they have clinics in London, I'm hoping they will be able to help me out, put me in front of a sleep doctor who knows what he is doing, to deep analyse my use of the ResMed 10 Autosense machine, to anaylse my sleep problems and perhaps look into a BiPAP trial as well...

- I need to get rid of my current sleep doctor, he is hopeless...

When you say the charts are a little hard to go through (too compressed), you need to give me more explanation, more words, so I can understand what you mean. I think this is a translation problem, do you want to private message me, perhaps we can have a 1:1 conversation and get this right once and for all? Otherwise we could be doing this for a long time...
_ sorry about the English; to worse things,  it looks you are  just starting up these CPAP's/OSCAR technical issues. Besides, I have been with a very short time to handle this;

_ I emphatize with your difficulties going to BiPAP. Yet, in my modest opinion, there would not be alternative solution for you, if want to clear up once for all the effects of FLimited inspiration/arousals in your sleep, which I think are very significant;

_ on charts: I am going to post some of my own example;

all the best

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 50 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 293 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 107 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.