Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Flow rate question
Flow rate question
At 7cm I can successfully treat my sleep apnea. The concern is I wake up feeling like I been hit is my flow rate normal?
I've tried all settings from EPR on and off and low to high pressures.

I know the central apena is sleep onset.

Here is a full screenshot all the central apena is sleep onset.

https://filebin.net/q5014tk21erx51o7
Here is my entire sleepyhead files if someone wants to download and have a really deep look and make a recommendation.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Flow rate question
Is this sleep onset or treatment-emergent central apnea?

For Sleep onset you need to get an ASV.

For treatment Emergent you have a couple of other options
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply.

There sleep onset centrals

Im constantly tired without using Cpap if I sleep 7-8 hours would the flow limitation be the reason why im feeling exhausted?

Anything less then 7 hours sleep and i can hardly get up.

Could this be the reason why im waking up all night with the Cpap on and the Machine is logging the centrals ?

I constantly feel like I can't breathe during the day, I do suffer to stage 1 hypertension. When my blood pressure is ok I still feel like I can't take a full breath.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a sleep study copy, which I advise you already should have in your personal file, post a redacted of personal info copy of a detailed report here. It would be a good idea to ID these CA events for type. This is important as the various types require various methods to address.

And if you're certain these CA events are sleep onset, which admittedly I've not heard that descriptor, then I think an ASV is the only viable tool to address.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see no evidence in any of your posts that this is Sleep Onset Central Apnea. It should have been evident in your sleep study and you have yet to post a full night that shows this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the sleep study.

Please bear in mind I didn't get a lot of sleep and I usually don't take valium and I took 20MG for the test otherwise, I would of threw away money on this 2nd test.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I could be mistaken, but this sleep study would not support an ASV regarding medical necessity at least in the US. It looks to be referred to as sleep/wake centrals or similar on the report. As is, Central count is very low.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replys 

if you have a look at my arousal summary I had one every 6 mins im smelling a combo of mild apnea and UARS that's why im asking about my flow rate does it look normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, guys, I meant sleep-wake centrals, im just so exhausted I thought onset was the same meaning.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replys 

if you have a look at my arousal summary I had one every 6 mins im smelling a combo of mild apnea and UARS that's why im asking about my flow rate does it look normal?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 6 63 45 minutes ago
Last Post: ahuman
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 243 1 hour ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 307 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.