Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Foam Removal - Philips System One
RE: Foam Removal - Philips System One
I found that removing the foam made little difference to sound levels. 

I suggest that you have two options

1. Open the machine. If the foam is degrading remove it immediately. If not. Just keep it 

2. Remove the foam regardless of its condition. 

P
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice.   I'm debating whether or not to remove the foam.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2023, 04:15 PM)peewee44 Wrote: I found that removing the foam made little difference to sound levels. 

It's not the sound level that worries me, it's the opening of the air path to unfiltered air.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can anyone suggest an alternative foam and where to purchase it in the United States?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-08-2023, 09:10 AM)jojopuppyfish Wrote: Can anyone suggest an alternative foam and where to purchase it in the United States?

Thus far nothing has been proposed.

It's an odd thickness (see earlier in this thread).
The was some discussion about possibly using 2 thinner sheets but nothing ever came from that.

A big issue is finding a safe foam. Not a lot have been tested or marketed as such.
Post Reply Post Reply
I opened up my machine last night. No dust inside the machine and the foam looks good as new.
I still working on trying to move away from them though.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like I missed all this. I only found out a couple of days ago that my 560p REMStar was toxic. At first tonight I was happy that I could just remove the foam, then as always with me, it wasn't so simple, as then I hear it lets in all the air as it bypasses the filter so could be bad also. I feel I am too late to this discussion now as it seems everyone has probably moved on to new machines, but I really like the 560p and don't want to give it up even though I also have a Airsense Autoset 10, I like having 2 machines.

Someone on YouTube suggested using Glad Press and Seal for covering the filter as it is airtight, but I still worry about that. Also why are there 3 holes in the foam, are they needed to be kept as holes ? How bad is using it without the foam ? Can I just not use masking tape to surround the outside of the unit so air doesn't get in ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Since I wrote that last msg, I can give you an update.  I mothballed my system one.   IMO its time to move on.
It took me about 3 months to get use to the Resmed Airsense 10 but I did it.  Lots of trial and error.
I don't think its worth continuing on with the System one but its up to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 56 4,979 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: btreger
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,964 359,636 Yesterday, 02:17 PM
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,221 04-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 119 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
  Inspire system JThammer 15 390 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,863 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 6 7,069 03-30-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Ron LI

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.