Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

For Men Who Have To Get Up In The Night
For Men Who Have To Get Up In The Night
If you have to get up once or more during the night to visit the bathroom (to urinate) then a product like this could help.

It's Progesterone cream, and when I started using it nearly twenty years ago it was regarded as having no side effects. It worked straight away for me and continues to work for me and most people, I believe.

I started and still use just a third of a pump, transfer it equally to the other forefinger and apply it to soft skin areas like behind the knees or inner upper thighs in the mornings, and forearms or chest after I shower at night.

No wakee, no walkee.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: For Men Who Have To Get Up In The Night
Not very often used to treat men. What condition does this help?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: For Men Who Have To Get Up In The Night
(05-15-2023, 08:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Not very often used to treat men. What condition does this help?

Perhaps not used or known by doctors.

Every doctor I have mentioned to that I use a progesterone cream to alleviate getting up in the night to urinate has looked puzzled, or indicated that they know nothing about the practice.

It worked immediately for me (mid 2000s), and web-based information at the time indicated that it frequently, but not universally, solved the problem for many men. Advice at the time said that there were no known side effects for the amounts used, and I haven't noticed anything adverse.

Google responses to "progesterone cream for male night time urination" produce results like this, from a sited core-named 'womensinternational'.

"Hormone Therapies

For both men and women with bladder problems, correcting age-related hormone imbalances can improve the overall health of the urinary tract and therefore control over urinary flow.

For men, incontinence due to an enlarged prostate may be alleviated by treating abnormal levels of estrogens and low testosterone. Natural treatments can help metabolize estrogen and pharmaceutical treatments can block estrogen conversion to avoid accumulation. Declining testosterone levels can be supplemented to help rebuild muscles that have atrophied.

For women, vaginal estrogens (but not oral estrogens) have been shown to improve bladder and urinary tract tissue. Vaginally applied estriol, which preferentially binds to estrogen receptors in both vaginal tissue and the urinary tract, has demonstrated effectiveness for treating chronic urinary tract infections.

Another hormone imbalance that may be a contributing factor in bladder problems involves adrenaline and its natural counterbalance, progesterone. An excess of adrenaline may trigger contractions in the bladder muscles, which in turn causes a rise in lactic acid, leading to the pain associated with interstitial cystitis.

Some practitioners think that excess adrenaline may cause interstitial cystitis and overactive bladder (urge incontinence). Progesterone cream applied at bedtime may help reduce the need to urinate and allow for more uninterrupted sleep."

If you search "progesterone cream for men and prostate" the results are even better.  This is from Dr Dekel:

"Dr. Lee reported twelve men who applied natural progesterone cream for their osteoporosis. All of them began to experience relief from their condition, after three months of daily massage, they were also experiencing an improved urine flow, with less pressure on their prostate glands and a noticeable decrease in nightly urination. Each patient was also suffering from enlarged prostates."

As I say, it worked immediately for me. I was shocked, actually. This was five years before I was diagnosed with BPH. On one occasion I was out the back at a particular medical facility which had a poster advocating the use of Progesterone cream because it reduced contractions in the bladder and thereby reduced the level of frequent nighttime urination.

No one that I read warned that you must be tested before you use it, so I guess it is deemed to be safe in the concentrations supplied.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,341 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,234 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,201 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.