Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Format SD Card for ResMed S9
Format SD Card for ResMed S9
The lock/unlock switch on the SD card for my ResMed S9 wouldn't stay in the unlock position so I grabbed a SD card I had, erased all the data and formatted it on my computer, and then inserted it in my S9.

I was away on vacation (I only use this machine when I travel) and the machine wouldn't start up because of some error reading he SD card. I had to eject the SD card to get the machine to work.

I'm back home now and I want to get the data that the S9 collected while I was using it. Do I need to format the card using the S9? I assume such a thing is possible. And then if I do that will I be able to get the data collected during my vacation or is it lost?
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Format SD Card for ResMed S9
To the best of my knowledge, the S9 will only hold summary information without the SD card.  If you formatted the SD card with your PC, it might have written System Volume Information to it.  The S9 does NOT like this.  I have a registory mod file that allows you to turn this feature off on your PC.  

Here is the link if you would like a copy: Prevent SysVol Info Write.  

Also if the write-protect tab keeps sliding, try putting a piece of tape over the tab area.

I hope some, if not all, of this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Format SD Card for ResMed S9
Thanks for the info and the files, Red. I managed to find the original SD card, applied the tape, and inserted it in the S9. Got the summary data recorded on the card, which is my main concern because I need to show doc compliance.

The weird part is that afterwards I put that troublesome SD card back in, and now all seems fine! (I never had to use your files!)
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAuto 11 Resmed SD card zip for developers. Where to upload? OviBerger 1 97 04-08-2024, 08:24 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 274 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: capman
Question Spo2 data format Squid3083 11 2,341 03-11-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rebakim4
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 205 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: capman
  Created a program to support Wifi SD card for Resmed and all other devices narual 13 2,375 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: JerryE
  CMI PL-66 OE data import format HiTechHiTouch 5 987 10-28-2023, 12:53 PM
Last Post: lzmontana
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 677 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.