Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Forum has helped...but now next step to improve
RE: Forum has helped...but now next step to improve
@CorruptAlligator
Yes, the CPAP pillow has that elevation in the center, and on occasion, usually when I've woken, but fell asleep for a little bit of time early in the morning lying on my back, I can see the clusters of O and CA events. So yes, I would still need my cervical collar, but, would use a flatter pillow to compensate for the rise on the CPAP pillow.

I'm a bit interested in trying sleeping on my back with the F&P Brevida, with the cervical collar, to see if that respiration curve improves. But I've been having really great night's sleep with the N20 that I'm waiting for a day that I can be a vegetable after a bad night's sleep, ha.

Last night I had a 0 AHI, as well as 0% of any events, night. Feel really good today.
Post Reply Post Reply
After a year of actively being on this board, ( it's my first thing I read in the morning while having coffee), and almost four years on CPAP therapy, I want to give a bit of a summary of this year's journey in which I know my sleep has improved and the amount of energy has somewhat been restored in my life.

To  the advisors and people who post as I've tried many things and have to thank you all for improvements that have been made with my sleep restoration.

The attached summary shows a pretty good improvement over the course of the year. 

Am I feeling better?  Well, yes and no. 
Obviously 2020/21 has been stressful for everyone due to COVID, but with that I've thrown in a divorce, so that amount of stress has more or less affected the sleep quality, but then again, the years of apnea and it's damaging effects over the years hopefully will be reversed somewhat. 

I have now settled on a good equipment routine.

I have to tape my mouth,no matter what, so I have settled on the BSN tape (after using 3M multipore and Somnifix).
The Knightsbridge cap, after using other neoprene chin straps.
And finally have settled on the Resmed P10 pillow mask.

With regards to masks that I've tried over the course of the year and how I would rank them it would look something like this:

P10
Brevida
N20
P30i
N30i
F&P Vitera
F30i

The P10, Brevida, N20 masks must be worn with the KB cap on the outside.

The P30i, N30i do not work well with the cap, as I have to wear the cap on the outside.  Most likely then I would have to choose a different size on these...I haven't tried that option.

The full face masks really didn't work on my facial structure...although the Vitera may have some hope.  I even tried a different size pillow (I wear mediums with all), but leaks were abundant.  I have yet to try this mask with the KB cap on the outside of the mask.  I just really want to choose a time where I have a not urgent or somewhat next day that I would have to be alert...almost like a hangover type of day and those are few and far between with my schedule.

Anyway, I thought I throw that out to some of the members that are disheartened by not getting instant results...you really have to give this patience and try different things and not give up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm glad things seem to be improving, even with a tough year. It'd be nice if it was as simple as "plug and go" but as you say, it sometimes takes time to find what works. Good luck for 2022!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Please help interpret data to improve treatment length during the night GalaxyPast 3 139 04-14-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: GalaxyPast
  [CPAP] Help with OSCAR data to help improve sleep Akaharu 6 213 04-06-2024, 11:35 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 338 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 222 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Central apneas and tips to improve CPAP therapy jcp519 20 1,389 02-21-2024, 12:37 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [split] Doctor won't help improve Vauto settings JohnCondor 7 568 02-19-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Improve Respiratory Rate? MrIvanDrago 4 386 02-16-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.