Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Forum has helped...but now next step to improve
RE: Forum has helped...but now next step to improve
Last night, just for sh*ts and giggles, I decided to try the F30i full face mask again, along with the cervical collar, having not tried that with the lower pressure setting, just to see if the seal would be a little bit better.  Unfortunately that was not possible.  Around 3:30AM, it took that mask off and switched to the Nasal, used Somnifix tape in combination with the Fleximull (similar) tape, and got a better seal, although still getting a leak, but less cases of CA, RERAs and leaks than earlier in the night.

I woke up later than usual and I believe a better sleep.  Quite honestly I'm giving up and staying with the nasal mask and tape.  I'm comfortable with tape, but definitely have to shave and use the dual method of taping just to keep my lips together. 

Maybe I'll give nasal pillows a try.  Has anybody tried that with tape?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Nasal mask, Somnifix and Fixomull tape used.

AHI 0.0

There you go.  Do I feel great....well not really.  Kind of sleepy right now...5pm...but, felt good most of my morning.  I have some anxious things going on in life, the start of divorce, and when tired things like that really dwell and depress me...but today, no problem.  This will get resolved.  So, sleep helps.

Furthermore I ordered the N30i mask.  I want to try that mask and see if the comfort is a little better than the current one I use, N20.

Post Reply Post Reply
Today I received nasal pillows for my N30i mask to try out.  These are the medium P30i ones, so I wanted to evaluate and see if ANY leakage was occurring.  Very comfortable btw.

The attached screenshot is from a 20 minute "nap", which I really didn't fall asleep, but just settled into a calm state with as normal breathing as I could.  I did not use mouth tape, but used the tongue to roof of mouth technique.

As I look at the data, there's a leak value of 7.20 l/min Median leak.   

Why would there be leaking if I could not feel it, out of my nostrils.
I'm very mystified by this.  I also have been using the N30i over the course of 9 days and the median leak average over those days is 14L/min.

Am I doing the wrong math?  Should I look at the median leak as the determinant of leak issues?

Very confused with the leak issues and any help would be appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
Another update.

Using nasal pillows for about a week, P30i setup, got the following chart for a real top night of sleep.
Unfortunately, have developed a chaffing sore at my nostril and using lanolin creme to deal with that.
Otherwise I'm quite happy with the result.

Taping my mouth is the way to go and comfortable with it.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Looks really good, and better if you are comfortable. Leaks are generally below large leak threshold, but your comfort and sleep are the first priority.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Admin Note] FORUM RULES UPDATE (most commercial links now allowed) SuperSleeper 2 345 07-20-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Understanding My Current State and How To Improve Trout 7 219 07-16-2021, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Let's improve sleep quality! What have you done that helped you sleep better? DaveL 58 1,845 07-08-2021, 10:31 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [CPAP] Looking to further improve my CPAP data gadgetmaniah 12 233 06-25-2021, 10:47 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to Forum rfaircloth40 32 899 05-27-2021, 02:33 AM
Last Post: sarm2005
  Struggling to improve sleep quality. Please help! janitor500 11 393 05-24-2021, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  [CPAP] New forum member introduction and questions Jadazu 7 255 05-18-2021, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Jadazu

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.