Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fresh Start
RE: Fresh Start
Maybe someone can explain why the BreathRate is up so much and the TidalVolume is down so much on the second chart?
PS=2 on both, EPAP is 17 from 16, and the IPAP was given free reign to the max VAUTO limit so the machine can do the thinking.
[I was trying to decrease Obstructives and Hypopneas without increasing Centrals]

[attachment=10086]

[attachment=10087]
Post Reply Post Reply
Note minute vent is nearly constant. I can't explain a higher respiratory rate / lower tidal volume, and I don't think we can reliably say the setting changes had anything to do with it. The pressures here are only 0.5 to 1.0 cm higher with the higher settings (median, 95%). It's not much.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2019, 10:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Note minute vent is nearly constant. I can't explain a higher respiratory rate / lower tidal volume, and I don't think we can reliably say the setting changes had anything to do with it. The pressures here are only 0.5 to 1.0 cm higher with the higher settings (median, 95%). It's not much.

Thanks kindly Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2019, 11:25 PM)zzzZorro Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 10:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Note minute vent is nearly constant. I can't explain a higher respiratory rate / lower tidal volume, and I don't think we can reliably say the setting changes had anything to do with it. The pressures here are only 0.5 to 1.0 cm higher with the higher settings (median, 95%). It's not much.

Thanks kindly Smile

SR; It seems you were right. "IT'S NOT MUCH"  I was about to tweek my settings but decided to leave it awhile and let it shake out.  I'm glad I did and am Elated to say that last night was the most restful sleep I have had since I don't remember when. 
Dancing Just had to say something as I woke up feeling revitalized and very close to 100%!

[attachment=10088]
Post Reply Post Reply
Patience is a virtue here. If it's worth trying, it's worth trying more than one night. Oddly, the median pressure here is lower than the chart you posted at a 16.0 EPAP min.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
did you try fixed pressure ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2019, 07:47 PM)sleepyzzz Wrote: did you try fixed pressure ?

YES
[attachment=10110]
And what fixed pressure would you suggest?
Post Reply Post Reply
It's really worth it when *that* happens, isn't it? :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2019, 12:24 PM)CHanlon Wrote: It's really worth it when *that* happens, isn't it? :-)

INDEED Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
Climbing the mountain
I don't expect a response, just a progress report for those who have so graciously helped me cope with the beast over the last year and a half.
And the results are becoming relatively consistent:

[attachment=10297]

..And possible without an ASV machine! Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,443 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Philips 3100NC - No fresh air? lenkh 10 601 11-23-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,253 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 545 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 581 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 487 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  How should I start sleep2023 8 935 07-03-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: sleep2023

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.