Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Fresh Start
RE: Fresh Start
Looks great! Glad to see you finally got there. Same settings as when I commented early in February, but AHI is lower here. Are you still using the soft collar?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-18-2019, 06:54 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Looks great! Glad to see you finally got there. Same settings as when I commented early in February, but AHI is lower here.  Are you still using the soft collar?

Yes, Without a collar the events will ALWAYS be increased.  Found a ReLeaf (softer and comfortable) will be one step improvement, then using a stiffer soft collar (hotter and less comfortable) improves the situation further.  The Dr.Dakota, at least for me made the situation worse. This was with the RL Collar.
It seems that LEAVING the settings alone after finding the best 'sweet spot' you can allows the 'ole body to make it's own complementary adjustments..
Thanks Kindly
Post Reply Post Reply
SEVEN months later

When I get a handle on the C/As and O/As the Hypopneas go berserk.  Guess the question is, When the Apneas are way down so what is to worry about Hypopneas?  I'm wondering if they are really false-positives Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Your Flow Limits are up.  That implies that your Hypopneas may also be up.  On our machines these are all based on flow.

Here is how they are related

Event Definition Apnea, Hypopnea, Flow Limitation

• Apnea: 80% to 100% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds

• Hypopnea: 50% to 80% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds

• Flow Limitation: <50% reduction in airflow for >= 10 seconds
These events may be either Obstructive or Central in nature They represent different degrees of similar events. All of these may be disruptive. While Central Hypopneas are important in diagnosing Central.Mixed.Complex apnea they are not monitored in most Sleep Studies.

Reviewing your past charts, your Flow Limits and hypopneas were reduced with a PS of 2.  COuld you try that change only and see ho it compares to your current treatment.  How you feel between the two settings is very important. 
Post Reply Post Reply

It was really running low until about 6 weeks ago then suddenly it decided to wander up into the 5's.  That was why I tried PS=1.2 from the PS=2.0 that had been doing so well.  Probably just ME (My condition).  I was considering going back to the 2.0 again.
Thanks Fred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,403 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Philips 3100NC - No fresh air? lenkh 10 595 11-23-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,223 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 530 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 548 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [CPAP] Hoping to find a fix for my CPAP's decision to start blasting me while inhaling. Speusippus 1 476 08-14-2023, 07:41 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  How should I start sleep2023 8 918 07-03-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: sleep2023

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.