Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks
RE: Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks
i tried those sleep positioning devices and the bottom line is that i can't sleep on my side, or one side, for more than a couple of hours at a time. and after L/R side sleeping, i eventually have to be on my back a while.

i did find that somnopose worked really well. when i go to bed i set it to alarm if i get on my back. that prevents me from going from L->back the first time. eventually i just have to sleep on my back, and at that point i use the watch app to turn off the alarm.

the only issue is figuring out how to attach your phone to your body... i happen to own this crazy t-shirt with a center front pocket for holding electronic stuff. unfortunately it's not made anymore and when mine wears out, dunno what i'm going to do.

so you might want to look into that. it might also help you train yourself to sleep on your side.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks
There are masks in between nasal pillows and full face masks.  My husband uses and likes his nasal mask, the Fisher & Paykel Eson, size Medium.  He's a big guy with a big face, and the Eson Medium has worked well for him for many years.  He now uses mouth tape too and likes the result.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 10 262 Yesterday, 09:15 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Question [Pressure] Intermittent leaks on my AirCurve 10 Daniel5584 2 82 04-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 6 227 04-24-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 363 04-19-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: jake79
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 193 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 484 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  Product Suggestions To Help Prevent Back Sleeping mawaw1992 6 241 04-07-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.