Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

General Enquiry Nasal vs Full Face mask with Flow restrictions / UARS
General Enquiry Nasal vs Full Face mask with Flow restrictions / UARS
Some interesting posts lately about Flow limitations and UARS.

I am slowly putting some pieces of this complex puzzle together by reading as much as I can on Apnea Board.

I will soon post my own therapy thread for help, because I am still struggling with APAP after nearly 10 months, but want to explore this question in the meantime. 
If one continues to have significant flow limitations with a nasal mask (you are only breathing in through the nasal passages) is it at least a partial solution to switch to FFM, because then during the night you are at least breathing through your mouth part of the time?

With my P30i I have problems with FLs all night long.

With my F30i I at least get some rounded waveforms for part of the night.

I realise this may only be part of the solution but wondered about the experience of others.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 15 467 Yesterday, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  help... Suspicous Flow Rate and Flow Limitations, bothersome Aerophagia Barefooter64 15 726 Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Relationship between EPR and Flow Limitations earnerd 11 372 Yesterday, 11:51 AM
Last Post: earnerd
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,139 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 191 04-17-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: jake79
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,362 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 75 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.