Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting Hosed
RE: Getting Hosed
(11-17-2012, 02:28 PM)Ugly Wrote: But I do want to know if the slim hose is OK or if I should go back to the standard while I'm using the S8.
The slimline hoses 15 mm designed only to be used with the S9 machines
The standard hose 22mm hose can be used with S8 and S9 machines
S9: you have to set the hose type ..... slimline or standard

Post Reply Post Reply
I think the slimline did not come out until the S9 so you should only be using the standard width hose.

Condensation in a non-heated hose would be the same, no matter the size (width) of the hose. It is cold hose vs warm air. I suppose in a narrower hose, there is less air in the hose and it would cool faster but, really, it would be immeasurable for the average user.

One night is not enough to evaluate the effectiveness of a change.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2012, 10:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The S9 series can use 3 different hoses. The standard, the slimline and the climateline. The difference, in my opinion, is weight pulling on the hose. The slimline is much lighter.

My grief with the climate line is the mask end of the hose is slightly larger than other hoses.

Actually the ClimateLine hose is the same as the SlimLine hose - 15mm in diameter. Standard is 22mm.

However, SlimLine is 6' long.
ClimateLine is 6'2" long.
Standard hose is 6'6" long.

I have been busy busy printing out a LOT of documentation and this information is available on the S9 Series "fact sheet," readily available. You say the "ends" may be different. Fair enough. But their lengths are different and the "standard", longest hose is thicker than the other two which have the same diameter.
I've put in a request to get a ClimateLine hose so condensation doesn't build up again. I'm awaiting government funding.

Yeah some resent me being on government assistance. To them I say, I'll gladly leave it and my disability income behind if someone dares to hire me. There are no takers so far.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2012, 02:52 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-17-2012, 02:28 PM)Ugly Wrote: But I do want to know if the slim hose is OK or if I should go back to the standard while I'm using the S8.
The slimline hoses 15 mm designed only to be used with the S9 machines
The standard hose 22mm hose can be used with S8 and S9 machines
S9: you have to set the hose type ..... slimline or standard

As I said, I found the information. I had to look for it though.
The ClimateLine stumped me. Anyway, the S8 has gone back. I'm using the S9 Escape again (unless the doctor authorizes the acquisition of an AutoSet). I was told the VPAP would be ideal but.... funding is limited and I'd have to pay a good portion of it out of pocket - an impossibility. Funny but the RT said my sleep study, not only was there no note of my trouble breathing, there was no mention of CSA either though the doctor said previously my apnea is "mixed". All in all it seems the sleep study was botched miserably.
At least there now is some evidence in my favour and I will try the "unauthorized" pressure of 10.2 (my average over the S8 AutoSet trial lasting three weeks) starting last night. I survived the night. I'll keep on going although I know it's a stab in the dark for now since there's no longer any AHI data. I'm wondering if I should spill the beans to her or to the doctor that I gained the forbidden knowledge and can set the pressure myself or play dumb and let them think they're saving the world. The first scenario, of course, is faster, takes up less of their time and is more convenient for me.
I will take the number they give me - if they do - but I have not heard whether or not I should tell them I can do it myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9's will automatically detect the correct pressure settings for both Climateline Hoses. The Slimline is the S9 default setting. If using the standard tubing, adjust the tube
setting in the Patient Setup or may have to be set in Clinical Setup menu by your RT if it isn't unlocked in the Patient settings. The reason there are different settings for Mask types is so that the S9 can detect correct pressure settings. As far as the S8 I haven't a clue! Hope this helps!
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hosed up for 6 weeks now Swisssleeper 24 3,609 11-30-2017, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Marillion

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.