Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting Started with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: Getting Started with a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
So this has been the lowest AHI score I have got since using the CPAP.

However, I still disturbed multiple times in the night.

Is the FL an issue? There are a couple of big spikes.

If a different machine would be better for me, please let me know so I can look into buying one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi.
Let me jump in here with a similar story as yours @swilliams92

I have been using a System one CPAP machine with a Swift FX mask and a 22m tube with a pressure of 9.0 on CPAP mode rather than Auto for the last 10 years.
Every night I slept through the whole night. Because of foamgate, I bought a resmed 10 (The same machine you have)
I ported over my Swift FX mask along with the 22m tube to the resmed 10.
With the new Resmed 10 CPAP machine, every night I wake up at 4:30am.
I have tried every tweak I even reduced the pressure to 8.5. Nothing has helped.
When I move everything back to the System one I sleep through the night again.
Here is my own opinion:
My old Swift FX has similar leak rates levels as yours. For whatever reason the System one doesn't have an issue with the high leak rates.
I, too, tried the P10 mask on the Resmed 10 and I did have a few better nights on the Resmed. But it was giving me headaches
So here is my conclusion and my advice to you:
Find a different mask that is comfortable for you with a lower leak rate
I just ordered a new mask (Fisher and Paykel Brevida Nasal Pillow)

and I have yet to try that out.
If you decided to change masks here is what the ultimate criteria you'll need:
1) It needs to be comfortable for you
2) It needs to reduce the flow rate.
The few nights that my p10 was successful for me, the leak rate went to about 7. On the nights, like yours, where I kept waking up at 4:30am, the leak rates were about 20
Hope this helps. I'm not out of woods yet either.
If that mask I mentioned above doesn't work for me, I will try the Bleep Eclipse next. This mask doesn't seem to be out yet but it attaches to the nose and it does not have headgear.
I am new so I can't post a link yet. However you can find the review on youtube by searching: "The Bleep Eclipse Is A Game Changer! "
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Still getting disturbed during the night
If you don't like getting up in the night to urinate try using a Progesterone cream. I've been using Progesterone since 2004 and it works perfectly for me and many others.

Post Reply Post Reply
Still struggling with this. 

Last night's data for example.

Post Reply Post Reply
@swillliams92
1) What mask are you currently using?
2) Is this the same mask you've been using the whole time?
3) Just a suggestion. Change it from APAP to CPAP and make the pressure constant at 8.0cm ot 8.4cm
4) You have an EPR of 2. The idea behind EPR is to tolerate when you breath in. My EPR is at 3. (BTW I use the exact same machine) I could not tolerate anything lower (AN EPR of zero, 1 or 2)
5) How about lowering your humidity? Mine is at 1. Do you think you need it high at 4?
6) The Tube. I use the tube that came with the unit, but I turn all the heating off. I find it uncomfortable. You have yours at auto. Do you need that? So are you using the tube that came with the unit?
7) It took me 2 months to finally figure out all the correct settings. The last piece was changing to a p10 mask with a new headgear that wasn't the resmed headgear that came with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW your profile says you are wearing a full face mask.
Have you tried nose pillow masks such as the p10 or the Fisher and Paykel Brevida Nasal Pillow?
I use to use the Swift FX medium but at this point I think there are too many leaks for the new machines....but you could try that too if you want.
In my 12 years of cpap therapy I never used a full face mask and I don't think I'd ever get use to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2023, 05:32 AM)jojopuppyfish Wrote: @swillliams92
1) What mask are you currently using?  
2) Is this the same mask you've been using the whole time?
3) Just a suggestion.   Change it from APAP to CPAP and make the pressure constant at 8.0cm ot 8.4cm
4) You have an EPR of 2.  The idea behind EPR is to tolerate when you breath in.   My EPR is at 3.  (BTW I use the exact same machine)    I could not tolerate anything lower (AN EPR of zero, 1 or 2)
5) How about lowering your humidity?  Mine is at 1.  Do you think you need it high at 4?
6)  The Tube.  I use the tube that came with the unit, but I turn all the heating off.  I find it uncomfortable.   You have yours at auto.  Do you need that?  So are you using the tube that came with the unit?
7)  It took me 2 months to finally figure out all the correct settings.  The last piece was changing to a p10 mask with a new headgear that wasn't the resmed headgear that came with it.

Hey,

1) P10 nasal pillows, with mouth taping too
2) I started with an f30 full face but couldn't get used it it.
3) I haven't tried CPAP, I'll give this a go.
4) I tried different EPRs and was recommended in this thread to stick with 2. Would you suggest going back to 3?
5) I don't have a humidifier attached so don't think this works anyway. I'll turn it off. 
6) I am using the tube that came with the unit
7) What head gear are you using with the p10 mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
1) Good choice. Are you getting headaches or is it comfortable? Leakage should be very looks and from your oscar it looks reasonably low
3) Yeah try the CPAP....that's constant pressure. You'll have to figure out what the correct pressure setting is but I saw 8....but maybe 9 is better for you.
4) EPR is all about comfort level while breathing in. Only 3 worked for me. If 2 works for you keep trying that The issue I have with EPR (which is Resmed) vs Cflex (Phillips) is that I have been on Phillips machines for many years and was use to CFLEX. They are similar but not exactly the same thing
5) A humidifier helped me. But if you don't have any of that turn it off
7) The resmed headgear that came with the p10 was too tight. I use the Medihealer I got from Amazon I don't think we are able to post links so ASIN is ‎ B09ZXVM2PV
I found that to be more comfortable on my head.
Finally I a just an amateur so please keep that in mind. The above has worked for me but it took some time to transition from the SYstem one cpap.

Also how many times a night are you waking up?
Hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW here is my Oscar snapshot from last night.
Here are some differences between mine and yours:
I use a CPAP rather than APAP. I set my pressure at 8.0cm
My EPR is 3
I ramp at 4.0 for 35 minutes. I've always used ramping. Your ramping is off. As long as you get to sleep easily then keep ramping off. Otherwise turn it on.
My humidly is set to 1
My Temperature is off. I never had a heated hose so I didn't need that even though Resmed provides us with a heated hose.
I don't like smart start so I turned that off.

As you can see, my leak rate is low with the P10 (And yours is reasonable low too)

Post Reply Post Reply
Reading this with interest - 
one question to be sure - the "pressure" that resmed reports on the Airsense 11 (and I assume Airsense 10 too) - is that a 95% ile pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,713 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 836 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 166 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,592 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.