Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting a Bipap, need help with settings
Getting a Bipap, need help with settings
Hey all,

I'm about to get an Aircurve 10 VAuto tomorrow and would like some help titrating!

Currently I use a Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with pressure 9-11 with EPR 3 and a Dreamwear Full Face Mask. I on average have an 95% FL of ~0.05 and a 99.5% FL of ~0.20. My AHI is generally <1. I have enlarged turbinates, especially the left turbinate. I basically can't breathe in my left nostril, even at my current pressure of 9-11. However, on an experiment, my nostril starts to open at ~17/18 pressure. (Even though I know this information, I haven't raised my pressure above 11 since it's quite hard for me to tolerate during exhale. I'm hoping Bipap will resolve this for me.) I also have a narrow pharyngeal airway as confirmed from CBCT scans, likely from 3 years of mouth breathing. I am still very symptomatic (mostly brain fog, also some fatigue), so I am pursuing more advanced PAP therapy. I believe I have UARS, as I have low AHI but high RDI, and am a normal weight 22M.

I'm planning on doing a few days on my current settings on my new machine and looking at OSCAR as a control to make sure OSCAR is displaying stuff the same as before. Assuming all is normal from that, then I'm thinking about trying my current pressure range, but with a PS of 4 for a week. Then maybe PS of 5 for a week. I haven't seen anyone go higher than 5 PS, so after that I guess I'll have to start raising the min pressure. Does this sound reasonable? I'm guessing based on my experiment in the first paragraph, that I'll start feeling noticeable improvements at a pressure of 17/18, which would be something like a EPAP of 12 and PS of 5 from my setup. Is this experiment and rationale legit? Also, how do I set all other settings that BiPAPs have, such as sensitivity and stuff? 

Let me know if you need any other information (e.g OSCAR screenshots). Thanks so much for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 193 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 249 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help with settings after BiPAP Titration jd1291 5 163 03-11-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Using Bipap for UARS - can anyone help with erratic breathing and my settings? RagingBull 7 507 03-06-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: bertchintus
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,598 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP to BiPAP transition and pressure settings ttodd 4 673 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.