Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting a machine advice
RE: Getting a machine advice
Flat tops on the leak chart, vs jagged peaks indicating a 'burping of the seal. Also look at the detailed flow rate. In general the area above zero line should equal that below the line. If below the line is less it usually indicates mouth breathing
Post Reply Post Reply
Getting a lot of large leaks the last few nights.  Nothing has really changed that I know of.  (Same mask, same setup, etc.)

Any idea what is causing the leaks or recommendations to try?  Been using the mask for about 1.5 months now.  I gave the whole setup a really good cleaning yesterday to see if that would help, it didn't.  

Post Reply Post Reply
I think your jaw is relaxing and allowing some mouth leaks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Have not been on here in a while.  My nights have 'leveled' out and attached is a 'typical' night.  Majority CAs, every once in a while sprinkle in a Hypopnea but definitely 95+% CAs on most nights.  But my numbers are pretty consistently below 5 and usually settle right around 4 on average.  I am still waiting on a ASV sleep study to hopefully get on an ASV machine (date keeps getting pushed back because of COVID supposed to be next week if they will allow it).  I just want to touch base with the experts on here to see if they think that would help me out now that my numbers are consistently below 5.  When i first started CPAP they were all over the place and much higher a lot of nights.  

I am still very tired during the day and definitely do not feel 'refreshed' at all when i wake up in the morning.

Thanks,
Post Reply Post Reply
Giving a bump
Post Reply Post Reply
Your numbers are as good as they are going to get on this machine.
You are waiting on an ASV titration, that's good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 292 3 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 169 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 862 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,797 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 798 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.