Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Getting started with new SD card
Getting started with new SD card
I have downloaded and installed ResScan version 5.4.1.9121 on a 64-bit Windows 10 computer. I want to create a download on a separate SD card. To get data do I simply insert a fresh SD card into the CPAP device (ResMed S9 autoset), allow the device to put its data onto the card, withdraw the card and re-insert the original card? How long will my unique card take to populate with data from the device?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting started with new SD card
A new card can be inserted and should be populated with the recorded information from your machine. It may not include detailed flow data since that is written during each session. Your other option is to copy all data from the existing card onto the new one. The machine should not detect the difference, and you will have a complete set of detailed data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try that, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Before you do copy your SD card change windows 10 indexing options settings so it won't put index files on the cards. Otherwise your machine may complain that it can't read or write to it any more.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Whenever a new SD card inserted into the S9, the S9 write therapy and compliance data on the card up to 365 days (statistics and summary)
Detailed data graphs and flow data written directly on the card (not stored inside the machine memory) and the card has to be inside the machine. If the 2nd card for insurance compliance, they don't care about detailed data, only about compliance data
Post Reply Post Reply
I need the detailed data, so I will try to copy from one card to another. I assume, to do this, I would remove card, insert into computer port, copy from card to computer, remove original card from computer and connect new card, then copy data from computer to new card. Is there a single file or folder that I will need to copy to new card?
Post Reply Post Reply
patcpap,
Windows 10 suffers the same problem as Win8.1 of wanting to write system volume info to the SD card. The S9 is the only unit I'm aware of that will complain about this.

I've listed the steps as to how to disable this feature in Windows:

Plan A: Using the Group Policy Editor

1. Press the Windows Key + R combination, type : "gpedit.msc" (without the quotes) in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.

2. Navigate to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Search

3. In the right pane, look for the setting named "Do not allow locations on removable drives to be added to libraries" and double click on it.

4. A new widow will appear. Click on "Enabled" and then click "Apply" followed by OK.

5. Close the Local Group Policy Editor and restart the machine, plug in the USB and plug out. You’ll be no longer facing the trouble.

Plan B: Using REGEDIT to modify the DisableRemovableDriveIndexing key

If your edition of Windows does not have the Group Policy Editor, do the following:

1. Press Windows Key + R combination, type: "regedit" in Run dialog box and hit Enter to open the registry Editor.

2. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows

3. In the left pane of this location, right click over Windows key and select New -> Key. Name the newly created sub-key as Windows Search. Now select the same sub-key and come to its right pane as shown in image above. Right click in the blank space, select New ->DWORD Value.

4. Name the newly created DWORD as: DisableRemovableDriveIndexing.

5. Double click on the new DWORD name to obtain a value setting window.

6. Enter the value data of: 1 (one). The base setting doesn't matter. Press "OK".

7. Exit the Registry Editor and reboot you computer.

I hope this may help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A complete copy of the SD card is easy to make. Here is a step-by-step, but the process is actually pretty intuitive. This keeps the directory structure intact with all sub-folders.

Step 1 Insert the first SD card into your computer's card reader and click "Open Folder to View Files" in the AutoPlay window. If you do not see this AutoPlay window, press "Win-E" to open Windows Explorer manually.

Step 2 Right-click the SD card's drive letter and click "Copy."

Step 3 Right-click "Desktop" at the top of Windows Explorer's left pane. Click "Paste" to copy the contents of the SD card into a new folder that is named after the drive label, such as "SD Card." Wait until copying is completed.

Step 4 Click "Desktop" in the left pane and double-click the newly created folder to confirm that its contents match those of the old SD card.

Step 5 Press "Ctrl-A" to select all files and folders, right-click any selected file or folder and click "Copy." If you do not wish to keep the PC copy of your SD card after transferring it to the new SD card, click "Cut" instead.

Step 6 Right-click the SD card's drive letter and select "Eject."

Step 7 Remove the old SD card and insert the new SD card. If the AutoPlay window appears, close it.

Step 8 Right-click the new SD card's drive letter, which is probably be the same as the old SD card, and click "Paste." Wait until copying is completed.

Step 9 Right-click the new SD card's drive letter and click "Eject" to remove the card.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar cannot read SD card and SD card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 1 643 08-21-2023, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar cannot read card - card cannot be read by PC BlueSky1958 3 552 08-21-2023, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar chris94546 17 2,867 10-24-2022, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResScan 5.9 getting started B1Sailor 8 1,019 09-22-2022, 03:12 PM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  OSCAR started not showing graphs zzzZorro 2 675 07-10-2022, 09:11 AM
Last Post: zzzZorro
  Newbie how to get started Josiah 1 608 05-30-2020, 03:00 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR: Problems Getting Started - Data Tabs Grayed Out bilofsky 2 981 09-13-2019, 11:20 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.