Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Gifted an ResMed VPAP S9, now what?
Gifted an ResMed VPAP S9, now what?
Howdy again everyone.  It's been a while.  I inquired at the church if anyone had a CPAP that they were no longer using as I have been wanting a backup to my Devilbiss which is getting long in the tooth.  Darn if someone brought a ResMed S9 w H51.  I see it has an SD card in it.  I made a nice donation to the Ladies Aid in return

So, where do I go from here?  Can I tune this thing myself?  I'm a constant 15, no ramp.  Can you point me to the software I need?  How about directions to clear the current setting and put mine in?   Thanks!  Night Train
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gifted an ResMed VPAP S9, now what?
(10-20-2019, 04:55 PM)Night Train Wrote: Howdy again everyone.  It's been a while.  I inquired at the church if anyone had a CPAP that they were no longer using as I have been wanting a backup to my Devilbiss which is getting long in the tooth.  Darn if someone brought a ResMed S9 w H51.  I see it has an SD card in it.  I made a nice donation to the Ladies Aid in return

So, where do I go from here?  Can I tune this thing myself?  I'm a constant 15, no ramp.  Can you point me to the software I need?  How about directions to clear the current setting and put mine in?   Thanks!  Night Train

I'd go to the top banner to CPAP Setup Manual and find your exact device. You can set your pressure settings in that Clinician Menu. Not sure if you're meaning chart software, but if so I'll say OSCAR in the top banner. Make sure that you do a UserCP edit when you're switching devices so we can glance at your user info which helps AB members assist you better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Gifted an ResMed VPAP S9, now what?
It's important to know which particular VPAP you have - there are several different varieties which are optimised for different conditions. The model name is printed next to the power button

And obviously you need to know what your own diagnosis is - simple obstructive apnea? Central? Mixed? Complications like COPD or severe asthma? Etc...

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 630 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV vs VPAP ST stanleyjack 4 468 04-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How do i set these values on Resmed Lumis 150 VPAP ST fakeinternetmoney 7 1,230 08-28-2022, 08:53 AM
Last Post: fakeinternetmoney

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.