Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Going to the Pulmonologist today, question?
Going to the Pulmonologist today, question?
I am going to see the doc today and want to talk to him and show him the difference in the AHI with my Res Med S9 and the new DreamWear machine. I am going to take this screen shot with me. Do you think this means anything at all and is it worth it to talk to him about it? You can see the left side where I was on steady 7 pressure and my AHI was usually under one, as opposed to the right side where I have the new machine with pressures set under 5 to 15 and my AHI is over 5. What do you think. I hate it when doctors won't listen to you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Going to the Pulmonologist today, question?
Were there any 'confounds' to the two reports?  For example, did you also change masks, or was anything else different other than the two machines, one with flex settings?  Just trying to rule out everything that could possibly have introduced the different results.

To me, and I have no experience with the wide range of machines other than my lone RESMED AS10 Elite model, the second machine is obviously doing something it thinks needs doing.  You were on straight PAP, and apparently well treated, but why did the newer machine want to take you quite a ways above the limit from your AS9?  Yes, you got a higher AHI, but you also wore a machine that felt you needed the higher pressure.

Like you, I'll wait for more educated eyes to take a look and to notice something that will possibly help.
Post Reply Post Reply
The minimum pressure of 5 on the Philips is just too low and is causing an increase in hypopnoeas if the minimum pressure was 7 like your old Resmed you would be doing better
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UPDATE ON DOCTOR Going to the Pulmonologist today, question?
Well, the Pulmonologist was NOT  a happy camper. The DME delivered the wrong machine with the wrong settings. He wanted me on on the same settings as the old one when my AHI was under 1.  He called the DME and faxed them the correct RX which he showed me. He had ordered a new Resmed machine. No wonder all this drama going on.

He does not like the algo's of the Dream machine, he likes the Res Med much better and he, himself is a cpap user.

Interestingly he knows of this board and is very complimentary about all of you and said he was impressed with those who take an active care in their own therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, wonders never cease. I may like this doc of yours. Best wishes for success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 964 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 227 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  New VAUTO, strange settings pulmonologist edgnoj 25 1,311 02-22-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  been on CPAP for 5.5 weeks, still tired. pulmonologist has dismissed me mushroom 12 967 01-11-2024, 09:37 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Pulmonologist --Not use CPAP, Use mandibular. How to later cross check? HenryECole81 0 360 03-03-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  OSCAR report for pulmonologist chasmm 9 1,425 11-05-2022, 07:27 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Getting New Aircurve 10 Bilevel today slam7241 13 1,219 09-11-2022, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.