Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Going to the bathroom
RE: Going to the bathroom
It works for me. It just takes a few second after the mask is removed. so I turn the machine off manually so the sound of the rushing air doesn't disturb my wife.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2019, 09:49 PM)Melman Wrote: It works for me. It just takes a few second after the mask is removed. so I turn the machine off manually so the sound of the rushing air doesn't disturb my wife.

Yeah I guess I've never let it leak long enough.  I suppose it would also sense the lack of changes in load on the pump (i.e. not detecting the oscillation of inspiration vs. expiration anymore)
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine is supposed to have smart start and stop, but it must be turned off, as neither have aver worked. Will have to look into this further.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2019, 09:38 PM)WhyMe Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 09:28 PM)spirilis Wrote: Dont-know I'm not sure (resmed airsense 10 autoset user here) that the machine has any sort of "smart stop"?

The clinicians manual says

If you enable the SmartStart feature, the device will start automatically when the patient breathes into the mask and then stop automatically when the patient removes the mask. 

However, it didn’t work that way for me.

Dont-know

I tried it with smart start last night and love that feature. When I got up at night I took my mask off as I normally do and it seemed to stop...but then i noticed the light on the display was on....too sleepy to figure that out but it distracted me enough I didn't really decide that the turn off feature did what I want, which is to keep it from making a ton of noise.

I'll try it again tonight.

The front light was on btw because the plug on the back had come partially out....that's a smart machine!

(06-02-2019, 10:04 PM)spirilis Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 09:49 PM)Melman Wrote: It works for me. It just takes a few second after the mask is removed. so I turn the machine off manually so the sound of the rushing air doesn't disturb my wife.

Yeah I guess I've never let it leak long enough.  I suppose it would also sense the lack of changes in load on the pump (i.e. not detecting the oscillation of inspiration vs. expiration anymore)

The holding your breath part is still confusing me. Thanks for any clarification.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't understand why it would be left on.  Why? Seems kinda like leaving the car idling in the driveway when you go into the house.

If i get up, I remove the mask and then turn it off.  There's a big button on the top of my machine made just for that purpose.  Then when I come back, I put the mask on and hit the same button.  It does double duty - it turns the machine back on. It's almost like the designers foresaw the need to get up and get back in bed and made accomdation.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2019, 05:30 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I don't understand why it would be left on.  Why? Seems kinda like leaving the car idling in the driveway when you go into the house.

If i get up, I remove the mask and then turn it off.  There's a big button on the top of my machine made just for that purpose.  Then when I come back, I put the mask on and hit the same button.  It does double duty - it turns the machine back on. It's almost like the designers foresaw the need to get up and get back in bed and made accomdation.

I couldn’t have said it better.  Rolleyes
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can just imagine a Ford or Chevy with Smart Start N Stop. It starts automatically when you get in. It stops automatically when you get out. Just remember to be parked when you get out.

BTW I’m thinking it’s the newer Ford Fusion (2017 & newer) with the round knob shifter, Ford had to program making the transmission automatically select Park if the driver forgets and shuts it off first. Guess someone missed Driving 101.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I take off the mask, the machine stops in 4-5 seconds. I put on the mask, the machine starts before the second breath. My machine is in a drawer, I never touch a start/stop button. Works perfectly.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] How should I pause CPAP (ResMed AS11) for a bathroom break? ThinMountainAir 7 12,619 05-14-2022, 04:14 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  Nocturia (Frequent Bathroom Awakenings) + Shorter Sleep Nights Sleeper396 8 1,045 07-01-2021, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeper396
  [Pressure] High pressure after bathroom visit Roamer321 15 2,086 02-18-2020, 06:18 AM
Last Post: Roamer321
  [Symptoms] Nightly bathroom trips - will they go away? Loboix 18 2,904 11-15-2017, 11:15 AM
Last Post: Marillion
Question Bathroom trips really mess up the CPAP HughT 7 4,592 09-22-2015, 07:39 AM
Last Post: justMongo
  Disconnecting for Bathroom Runs kimgh 10 9,130 06-26-2015, 03:19 PM
Last Post: rhandel
  Forgot to hose up after bathroom break. JVinNE 17 6,272 06-18-2015, 07:44 AM
Last Post: Mark Douglas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.