Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good AHI and good oxygen levels - CPAP Leaking
Good AHI and good oxygen levels - CPAP Leaking
I have not felt any difference with my cpap even though I have been using it for months.

I have an overnight oxygen montior.

When I wear the CPAP, oxygen levels are good. When I don't wear the CPAP, oxygen levels are low.

I usually get an AHI of around 1. Ranges from 0.8 to 2.

My machine does indicate that there is usually some leaking on my mask.

Does leaking matter if my AHI and oxygen is showing good?
Can a leaking mask cause incorrect AHI readings?

I am trying to figure out if the CPAP is doing its job and should look elsewhere for my fatigue. Plan on using CPAP regardless. I know I need it.

The only other thing that seems to be causing my fatigue is Testosterone. I have tested between 140-316 for total testosterone over the last few months. Thyroid seems fine. Vitamin B12 is fine. Vitamin D is back up in normal ranges.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good AHI and good oxygen levels - CPAP Leaking
Welcome!

I can’t really answer your questions but you should probably post your chart.  The advisors usually like to see them.

I know you will find great help here. Smile
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 358 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,600 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 674 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.