Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good/bad DME supplier?
Good/bad DME supplier?
For DME suppliers that are part of a regional or national chain, does anyone have a supplier they really like or hate? 

I think Lincare, Aerocare, Monitor Medical, and Pacific Pulmonary Services are some chains in Texas that my insurance covers.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good/bad DME supplier?
I have had good luck with Pacific (which has a new name beginning with A). My wife also has Pacific and has had some billing issues - they never updated the address they wanted the check sent to with our insurer. That has been fixed. I think that issue was as she came to Pacific when they bought Tibro. I get a quarterly email asking if I need to order any supplies. My primary insurance is Medicare.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to use Lincare because that’s the only one my insurance will deal with. So far it hasn’t been that bad. The one issue I have with them is if you don’t like the first mask they give you you only have 1 shot to get it right. I found that very frustrating until I was written a lifetime cpap supply script and found what I needed that way
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
I had Lincare and was fairly happy with them (other than the limit on the facemask). However, others have had Lincare and had a terrible time. Some depends on the office, some on the warehouse. The turnover at these large places creates a lot of havoc. In general, one of the RTs at my local office said that the warehouse understands warehousing, but do not understand medical supplies. I order the heated tubing to guarantee that I get good quality tubing rather than the cheesy and loud knockoff. I had to get my brand name Resmed filters directly through the office because the warehouse does not supply them AT ALL. I switched from Lincare to my local hospital supply place. Have had my problems with them as well, but we seem to have most things worked out. I'm restricted to what places Medicare allows and none of them are just walk in and pick up something.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using AllCare / Rotech since having started SA Therapy, which was in Sept. of 2018. There is a local office that gave me my machine and got me started.

But, I get my supplies from Rotech which is based in Florida. This is the 1st time I've ever dealt with a DME supplier. So far, they have been pretty good and no problems or issues to report.

I turned 65 in late October. I'm now on Medicare. Not sure if that is going to change things any.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Currently, Apria is my DME for my ASV and supplies. They're not too bad mostly on the local level for me. A warehouse is but an hour away so supplies get here in about 2 days. Not exactly express shipping but it's also not 7 days either.

I've used franchise name/Rotech combo for the first CPAP, BPAP and a hospital bed/mattress. They were only OK, starts out really well then fizzled when problems happened (which were my fault). I have zero through them now and it'll continue this way for a long time.

Lincare is my current bed/mattress DME. OK ish for now. But now that evil insurance approved then unapproved that bed, we'll see if Lincare helps or hinders.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My local DME sold out to Rotech based in Florida. They transferred all customer files to them without asking.
So for now, I’ll give them a chance.

Actually, I’m not even sure I have coverage thru them yet, as my insurance may consider them Out of Network. There is no one left in my local area other than Apria, and I’m not going there.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve always had a physical prescription in hand and did not let my doctor send it electronically.

I have always felt I have more leverage if I control the prescription and not the DME. It takes a bit more effort, but you can call and talk to DME’s you are considering. They’ll tell you to have your doctor send it, but you let them know it will give it to whoever can provide the right machine.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2019, 09:17 PM)70sSanO Wrote: I’ve always had a physical prescription in hand and did not let my doctor send it electronically.

I have always felt I have more leverage if I control the prescription and not the DME.  It takes a bit more effort, but you can call and talk to DME’s you are considering.  They’ll tell you to have your doctor send it, but you let them know it will give it to whoever can provide the right machine.

John

That sounds like a good approach. There are several not far away, including one that I just dropped in to see if they had models of the ones I was considering. If they know their business isn’t guaranteed they might pay better attention. Since I’m trying to get it by the end of the year I’d really like them to move quickly. 

Pretty much all the suppliers have bad online reviews, including the one my dad uses and likes. But that office is 40 miles from me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a local company, Respicare. They are about 45 minutes away from me, which was an issue when I started and was trying new masks trying to find one that worked. They are very responsive and now supply me with my mask of choice, the Bleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good cervical collar for large (20 inch) necks Fox66 2 66 04-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Is my 95% pressure stat good or...? Hone 7 213 04-20-2024, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 6 113 04-20-2024, 03:42 AM
Last Post: erouting
  Supplier and Insurance issues DudleyDoRight 0 71 04-18-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: DudleyDoRight
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 215 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 157 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 794 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.