Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good luck, sort of
Wink 
Good luck, sort of
A month ago I suffered a full thickness rotor cuff tear. Yep, it's as painful as it sounds.  To try and alleviate some of the pain during the night I was advised to put a pillow under my left arm and shoulder. I tried a few different ones that were hiding in our spare room until a week ago I found a really comfy one.  As if a miracle had been bestowed on me, my average leak rate has since been the lowest ever, averaging zero on a few nights,  and my AHI over the lowest ever with multiple zero's and the highest has been .2 over the last eight nights.  I have to say having the pillow in place creates a very comfortable sleeping environment and I do not move around much at all.  My wife likes it too as she hates cold drafts down her back and the pillow stops them Smile  Win-win.

James
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good luck, sort of
Hi JamesW,
It’s always great to hear when you find something that really works well and helps you sleep better. Keep up the good work and I hope you recover soon.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep-well
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully you didn't jinx yourself by posting your "miracle". One never knows the little tweaks that optimizes treatment but kudos for finding yours. May it always be so.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Maximum AHI over the last two weeks has been .5 and the average leak rate has been 1/ltr min. Another zero last night, so the pillow that is supporting my left shoulder and arm is still doing it's job. The much lower leak rate is due to me not moving around nearly as much I think. Happy days, or nights.

James
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 808 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 625 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.