Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good numbers but still feeling tired
Question 
Good numbers but still feeling tired
Hi all!

I’m looking for some help or advice with my CPAP therapy, hoping that someone can have a look at my data?

I was diagnosed with OSAS with an AHI of 50.
I’m using my Resmed s11 CPAP with nasal mask for 3 months now and the numbers look good, almost no events / no AHI. The doctor is happy.

But I’m still feeling tired all day and sleepy after 2PM. Like a blur in my head. I would like to improve this and feel fit to work and concentrate.

So I was wondering if I could optimize my CPAP settings like EPR or the pressure?

It is overwhelming for me to understand the data about breathing pattern, flow limitation etc so I am hoping for some opinions from you experts out of experience.

Here is some data:

Any help or advice to optimize therapy is welcome! Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good numbers but still feeling tired
Please see the attached PDF as I can not post links yet. Thank you! 

- oke this is hopeless no PDF and no links allowed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ptoeneigh, it will help to see your Oscar results. As a new member you can attach files and images. The instructions for formatting Oscar charts and attaching files are in the links in my signature below. After 4-posts you will be able to post links to files on Imgur and similar image hosting sites. I look forward to helping with your therapy issues.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2023, 07:42 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Ptoeneigh, it will help to see your Oscar results. As a new member you can attach files and images. The instructions for formatting Oscar charts and attaching files are in the links in my signature below.  After 4-posts  you will be able to post links to files on Imgur and similar image hosting sites.  I look forward to helping with your therapy issues.

Thank you, the problem with images is that it you can not zoom in on the data 

So I’ve send you a PM and when on a computer I will try to make some good screenshots or wait until I can post sleepHQ data.

I appreciate your help, thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
As stated in the Apnea Board Rules, "The PM (Private Message) system should not be used to initiate or solicit private consultations or therapy advice. Neither should members use their forum account to initiate or solicit private off-site consultations."

Oscar can show zoomed images in any resolution very clearly. The image must be zoomed and centered over the area you want to show and then a screenshot will show that zoomed image. SleepHQ appears to be a derivative work from Oscar, and while the owners maintain the code behind a server, I personally will not use SleepHQ due to their use of Oscar without any attribution. If you want my assistance, it will be Oscar or you can go to the paid consultations on SleepHQ.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oke thank you for making this clear, I had absolutely no idea as I am all new to this and just looking for help or understanding.

When I am at home, I am more than happy to upload some screenshots from Oscar.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on hitting your 4 posts Smile  
Now you will be able to post the OSCAR screens.
Not trying to give you a hard time, but my grumpy day involved getting 7 yards of mulch and having to distribute it around the yard. I have a long way to go, but I celebrated the warmer weather with some time in the pool. All of this to say, there is a reason I don't do private consultations. I don't seek any form of reimbursement for what I volunteer to do, but I want to do it on my own time, and in the place it can help as many other members as possible. Congrats to our newest preferred member!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2023, 04:58 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Not trying to give you a hard time, but my grumpy day involved getting 7 yards of mulch and having to distribute it around the yard.  I have a long way to go, but I celebrated the warmer weather with some time in the pool.  All of this to say, there is a reason I don't do private consultations.  I don't seek any form of reimbursement for what I volunteer to do, but I want to do it on my own time, and in the place it can help as many other members as possible.  Congrats to our newest preferred member!

Hi Sleeprider, I appreciate what you to. This help can make a life changing difference.

Here are my OSCAR screenshots.
I'm curious about improving my sleep and healh by optimising the CPAP therapy / settings.
Today I discovered the "records" section in OSCAR that is also a good indicator.

Initial setup was pressure 6 EPR 3 still feeling tired
Then in April the EPR was off for a few days by mistake (worst results)
Lately my pressure was increased to 7 EPR 3 and I'm feeling better.

[Image: Statistics.png]

[Image: Overview-1.png]

[Image: Overview-2.png]

[Image: APR15-P6-EPR-OFF.png]

[Image: MAY-17-best-night.png]

[Image: MAY-18-Breathing.png]

[Image: MAY-18-Overview-1.png]

[Image: MAY-18-Overview-2.png]

[Image: MAY3-P6-EPR3.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
The solution that worked for me
Update: I found that the pressure of my CPAP was too low.
It was on 6 but I do better on 7, best on 7.6 with EPR 3 that feels the most comfortable.

I think at the pressure of 6 I didn’t get enough oxygen / deep enough breathing / CO2 maybe too high in my blood so I wasn’t feeling well.

Now with the pressure on 7.6 it’s a different world, I feel so good, AHI on 0.0 and 7-8 hours of sleep.
This feels like a blessing, so much better now!

Thanks  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is my sleep data good? phoen1kx 0 31 2 hours ago
Last Post: phoen1kx
  Not feeling rested with BIPAP. Is it even making a difference? ppluissz 3 251 Yesterday, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  I was doing good progress but suddenly can't take it anymore Elijah1220 2 152 Yesterday, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed Mini good - Resmed 11 not good r2davis3 2 121 04-23-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Good cervical collar for large (20 inch) necks Fox66 2 75 04-21-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Is my 95% pressure stat good or...? Hone 7 231 04-20-2024, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 6 121 04-20-2024, 03:42 AM
Last Post: erouting

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.