Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Good small CPAP travel bag?
Good small CPAP travel bag?
I have the standard grey Resmed bag that my machine came with, but I would like something much smaller. Literally bare bones, but that will still be padded to keep everything safe. The reason I need it small is because economy flights now charge for luggage, and I will be bringing on a carry-on sized backpack. 

I know medical devices travel for free, but I do not want to lug around another bag (even like the standard grey bag that comes with the machine) if I can help it. My goal is to have very small padded bag for my machine and be able to stick it into my backpack. I have all my clothes (limited) in a compression cube, and thus have some space left over after putting my laptop in the bag.

Any suggestions? 

Willing to pay up to $50 if the size and protection are there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Good small CPAP travel bag?
I'm a photographer and bagaholic. However, your price restraint makes it hard to suggest a good bag.

"Pelican" as a make? They are hard surfaced and padded. They are most protective. ThinkTank photo bags are well thought out and very protective. But padding takes space...My ThinkTank UrbanDisguise 40 is padded and weighs more than my Domke bags.
Maybe searching on amazon....

I use Domke, ThinkTank, Mindshift, LowePro, Tenba and Tamrac bags....a way to get these used is by searching on kijiji and craigslist. (I would appreciate names of other websites that I might search for used cpap gear. My machine is getting old.)

If you search for these on amazon their "other make" bags may come up.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I carry the Resmed machine with the humidifier chamber assembled, tube, mask and power supply in a motorcycle carry case that looks like gym bag.  I pack clothing around the machine.  The carry case inserts into the hard saddlebags on the motorcycle.  This has worked well for extended trips.  You could add a soft cloth drawstring bag to contain everything and provide some protection.  Keep in mind you will likely have to remove the CPAP from the luggage at TSA for scanning.   My Aircurve 10 and all its components are in the left side-case in this image along with other clothes and shoes.  This was during a cross-country trip from California to PA. And now you know why I'm "Sleeprider".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2019, 03:10 AM)vroomvroom Wrote: I have the standard grey Resmed bag that my machine came with, but I would like something much smaller.

Hmmm... There's very little wasted space in that grey bag, so I don't see how you could get something smaller that will hold all the same stuff.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only way I've found to lighten my cpap load is to travel without my humidifier. I leave it behind and pack light.

There are many copies that sell " Pack Inserts " so photographers can use good backpacks instead of the dedicated photo-backpacks that don't carry well.

Tenba makes some that are discounted at Vistek here in Mississauga. They have a zipper top and are squishable.

If you wish, do a search for Vistek and search Tenba Tools

I can't provide a link here due to forum rules.

edit: I'm an x-biker. Did 1000 miles in a day, twice.
My DME sells travel cpap's that are very small. I would have to pay for it myself; and they are very expensive here. Ontario/Canada
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Although I've yet to take my CPAP machine anywhere, it did come with a carry / travel case. It's an AirSense 10 AutoSet. 

I can't imagine a carry case being any more compact or efficient. I don't predict having to travel anywhere in the distant future, but who knows? If I do, traveling by air will be at gun point, as in to my head. 

And, that's not to say that I'd even take my machine with me. I think I'm one of those individuals that benefits from SA therapy, but isn't dependent upon it.  

If I do take my machine with me, the humidifier would be part & parcel. There's only been a single night that I didn't use it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I mean this in a very kind way, even though it's a bit teasing...

If you had a DreamStation, you would be ELATED with the ResMed bag. The ResMed bag is phenomenal for travel.
Post Reply Post Reply
I travel with the Resmed bag it does not inconvenience me much and as others have said it’s very space economic, I use a roller bag as hand luggage and slide the Resmed bag over the handle. If I need a backpack when at my destination I pop a lightweight one in the roller bag. Once on the plane the roller bag goes in the overhead and the Resmed by my feet, I am not letting it out of my sight. Also if for some reason my hand luggage gets pushed into the hold. I have my Resmed bag with me and I am not carrying the cpap unprotected in my hand
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2019, 01:44 AM)jaswilliams Wrote:  I have my Resmed bag with me and I am not carrying the cpap unprotected in my hand

Good call!  Not long ago, I saw someone go through TSA with their ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset, with NO bag... no humidifier, no hoses, no mask, no cords... ONLY the machine.  Oh my goodness, I was just imagining the germs and the physical damage.
Post Reply Post Reply
If someone is really looking for a "minimal" bag, then take a look at the Domke line now made by Tiffen. Look fast; they may be pulling the plug on Domke.
There are chinese clones that may be better made. I've never bought one...

My Domke F3X is a remarkable bag. It has a very little padding in the bottom. None in the sides. It's for people that treat their gear wisely, but want the smallest package they can get. If you like this bag consider getting a Domke postal pad for the shoulder strap. It makes carrying much easier. And it doesn't slip off your shoulder. I classify it as a shooter's bag. Camera is ready. Or cpap. Whatever. It's relatively weather proof, provided I close the top with care.

I could see this bag being used to carry a cpap in a saddle bag on a motorcycle. Grab it and run. The pad is a bit of a pain to pack, but it's wonderful. I even have a spare. If it's too small there are larger versions. The F2 is a larger bag. Some take it into combat to take photos, even without padding. (the insert is a pain in a tender spot. It's not very accommodating. It's a 4-chamber insert that is the width of the bag. Takes up space.)

I hope this is helpful for someone; I wonder if it's worth adding.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 70 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,677 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 671 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 147 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,726 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 177 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.