Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Got a new ResMed AirSense 10
Got a new ResMed AirSense 10
Was having obnoxious noise coming from the one that I had for a little over 3 years.  folks can read about it in THIS TOPIC thread which has other links for discussion and comments from members-  Thanks for all the responses and advice!

Insurance covered a new machine and I wish I had gotten it sooner.  I was using the defective one for some 6 weeks.  It seemed to perform OK but it made noise.  It was so bad that the sounds would not let me return to sleep if I were to awaken during the night.  The new one is perfectly silent!   I never realized how it interrupted my sleep was.  Used the new one for 3 nights now and it feels good to be back to normal sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Got a new ResMed AirSense 10
(10-27-2019, 08:36 PM)S.L. Ping Beauty Wrote: Was having obnoxious noise coming from the one that I had for a little over 3 years.  folks can read about it in THIS TOPIC thread which has other links for discussion and comments from members-  Thanks for all the responses and advice!

Insurance covered a new machine and I wish I had gotten it sooner.  I was using the defective one for some 6 weeks.  It seemed to perform OK but it made noise.  It was so bad that the sounds would not let me return to sleep if I were to awaken during the night.  The new one is perfectly silent!   I never realized how it interrupted my sleep was.  Used the new one for 3 nights now and it feels good to be back to normal sleep.

I have the same machine. Being new to SA and not knowing any better, I just assumed that all CPAP machines were silent.  Dont-know

Apparently, they are not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my first one was perfect;y quiet. The noise started out very mild and then got worse. It was louder on the exhale as the sound got louder and higher in pitch. If it were a steady, non-varying noise I could have perhaps gotten used to it. It got worse over time to the point where I stopped using it. I was wrapping it in towels and stuffing it in the drawer of my nightstand.

The new one is as I was used to... it is perfectly silent.
Peace at last!
Post Reply Post Reply
I got mine on Sept. 10th of 2018. It's been dead quiet so far. I just thought that they were supposed to be that way. 

I have Tinnitus quite badly. I've had it for well over 30 yrs. A machine has to be pretty noisy before it would bother me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on getting a nice quiet machine that lets you sleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
my airsense elite 10 was amazing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,738 37 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,605 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,771 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.