Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Grant's CA Diagnosis Thread
RE: Saw other CSR Thread...is this CSR as well?
There is definitely a heavy cluster of CA with periodic breathing here, but it may not be CSR. We need to look at this problem in the context of your overall health and therapy results, and I think this remains a relatively isolated 10-minute anomaly for you. The cyclical minute vent is characteristic of CSR and many other central apnea patterns that alternate between hyperventilation and hypoventilation. No doubt that ASV would level this out and treat it. As you know we are working with very-high trigger level and possibly EERS, so I'd rather not address this question in isolation from your other CA thread.

I merged this with your CA thread because it's obviously related or the same topic and should be considered along with previously submitted questions and data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Grant's CA Diagnosis Thread
Thanks Sleeprider...appreciate the thread merge/discussion.

Just to keep it in mind...the CA pattern completely disappeared recently for the entire 20 days when we traveled to sea level....so does that additional oxygen at 0 altitude mean anything in this case?
Post Reply Post Reply
It makes for an interesting hypothesis, the answer to which is to duplicate the test. I strongly recommend you take a 2-week vacation in Jamaica, the Bahamas, Keys or similar setting. Send me a coconut and keep me posted.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Haha...yeah, I wish. I was thinking more along the line of supplemental oxygen, but we'll see where this goes! Coconut...haha.
Post Reply Post Reply
It may be just me, but I seem to be seeing a lot more CA threads here lately?  Perhaps because I started getting them, I am just paying more attention...life works that way.

Anyways, one thing I picked up from my of your (@Sleeprider) comments to many is that BIPAP, EPR settings etc can impact/cause CA's. Aside from being at sea level seemingly resolving things, it is one factor out of my control.

So, over some nights, I've been trying a couple minor and sequential adjustments and noticed what I see as a distinct pattern:

Examples... just note the Min setting in each case as well as the EPR setting and the resultant sleep data:

February 27th - Mode: APAP   Min 6.0 Max 10.0 (cmH2O) with EPR 1

February 28th - Mode: APAP   Min 6.0 Max 10.0 (cmH2O) with EPR Off

March 1st -Mode: APAP Min 5.4 Max 10.0 (cmH2O) with EPR Off

Post Reply Post Reply
....continued.

March 2nd - Mode: APAP   Min 4.8 Max 10.0 (cmH2O) with EPR Off

March 3rd -  Mode: APAP   Min 6.0 Max 10.0 (cmH2O) with EPR Off (back to "Good" setting for me?!?)

So, from my view, it seems that I cannot go below a 6.0 Min, and EPR off seems to all but eliminate the CA's.  I would appreciate any comments, suggestions, and directions to experiment even more perhaps.  Any consideration to looking at a higher Min?

Grant
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI increases with the range of pressures, and drops with limited pressure range. All sessions have a maximum range of 10, but best results were 6.0 to 10.0. To be honest I don't think it actually makes much difference and the AHI is random. You did best with EPR 2 and pressure 6.0 to 10.0. So EPR is not hurting therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Where were you seeing the EPR 2? I think all those posts are from when I was at sea level (and not home) where I was having CA issues both before the trip and afterwards...but not at all the during the 20 days I was there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 969 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,592 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 201 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.