Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Greetings brand new user
Greetings brand new user
I was diagnosed last Monday but it wasn't much of a surprise. I asked for a sleep study and my Dr. was reluctant. This is a steep learning curve but there is a great deal of info here.

The interesting thing (at least to me) is that I've been in afib for quite a while waiting for a second cardioversion. I woke up this morning back in a normal rhythm. New med? Apap? I don't know but something is working.

I've been able to increase the time on the machine a little each night so I just keep going and I know it takes a while. I'm going to get a copy of the sleep study so I have more information and download OSCAR.

I need to resurrect my laptop. I use my tablet most of the time. I already learned a lot here and look forward to getting myself more informed. My background is in researching medical literature and knowledge is power.

Thanks for providing this great board.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Greetings brand new user
Welcome! You have a great machine, and it sounds as though you're making an excellent start on therapy for your apnea. Your next steps (sleep study report, Oscar) are just right.

If you want to accelerate your adaptation to the new experience, you might try using the machine and mask outside your bedroom during the day while you watch TV or read.

Keep us posted, would you?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. That sounds like a good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Respir8,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It sounds like you are off to a good start with CPAP therapy.
Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,505 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 406 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Brand new Bi-PAP machine whistles on inhale. S.L. Ping Beauty 4 581 02-28-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 460 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Brand new. Less than a week any observations on this OSCAR pic? billy2606 3 496 01-07-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  How to know if Resmed Airsense 11 is brand new? LordHelmet 8 1,436 01-03-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  Any help grateful ! 39m brand new to CPAP RedArt 1 434 01-02-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.