Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

H5i, climate line not warm
RE: H5i, climate line not warm
(10-17-2012, 04:42 PM)joseph.t1@rogers.com Wrote: I am told that machine works on relative Humidity, all good, but i need a bit warm air, to keep away the sinusus, and blocked nose.

I found this on ResMed's site under FAQs
The red was added by me for emphasis only.

It does refer to the humidified air as being "warmed" - but does NOT specify a temperature.

Water in my Hose

I can't use my humidifier during some nights because my hose fills up with water condensation. What can I do about this and why does this happen?

This condensation is called "rainout."

If your room is cold, the warmed humidified air hits the colder room temperature and cools. When air cools, the amount of humidity (water vapor) that it can hold is reduced, which causes the humidity to "rain out."

The amount of water air can carry varies with temperature: warmer air can carry more water while cold air can carry less. As warm air becomes cooler (eg, overnight), it has less capacity to carry water, so water condenses and forms droplets.

Also, page 29 of the 2011 Clinical Guide for the S9 states (under H5i Technical Specifications) that the "Maximum gas temperature at mask is less than or equal to 106 degrees F (41 degrees C)". Not quite sure how to interpret that !

My H5i settings for the Summer are Auto (80% Humidity) with ONLY the temperature changed to 72 degrees F.
During the winter, I will return to full Auto (80% Humidity with the default temperature of 80 degrees F.

I definitely feel warm air at the mask even on the Summer setting. With the Winter setting, that air at the mask is felt even more. Just how warm is not known to me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actual temperature doesn't feel warmer than about 23-24!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi folks,
A quick question, how much water would the H5i, consume on an average , on the highest temperature set on Auto?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2012, 09:33 PM)joseph.t1@rogers.com Wrote: Hi folks,
A quick question, how much water would the H5i, consume on an average , on the highest temperature set on Auto?
depend on room humidity and temp setting also can varies from one person to the next
mouth leaks which can vary from night to night ... the more air escape thru the mouth the more water used
I use just over half of the tank in one night

Post Reply Post Reply
There's too many variables to say.

In my house in the middle of winter, with it set on 80F, I can empty a tank in just one night.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
That's what I expected.
My house is your normal home , no condensation on window paneS, temp set nightly 21-22C, water consumption around 1/5 th tank. Around 5-6oz .
Post Reply Post Reply
Joseph

There are a ton of variables involved here.

In addition to room temp, inside and exterior atmospheric humidity levels...

The CPAP pressure settings need to be added into the equation on this.

How high the CPAP pressure is will affect how much water in the H5i is used. The higher the pressure, the more air will flow across the H5i.

Then add in your respiration rate (how fast you breathe)

Your pressure is listed as 7 cm..... Paula's is listed as a bit higher than yours & I am on Bipap/ Bilevel with settings of 21 IPAP / 15 EPAP.

I typically go through at least a 1/2 - 3/4 of tank a night. My climate line settings are 80 degrees & 4.0 on humidity.

When the room/house humidity goes below 30%, we'll run our room humidifier. On those night, I'll use about 1/3rd of a tank or less.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Lost Red Pressure Graph Line ejbpesca 5 368 11-09-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 11 flashing Climate Line Connected DaveHirschler 4 1,857 08-28-2023, 11:11 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  AirSense 11 Climate Line Operation Sleepy Quixote 2 618 06-28-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepy Quixote
  Slim line cpap tubing. silverdr 4 597 06-05-2023, 04:55 AM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Climate line hose question Rice95 0 494 04-28-2023, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Rice95
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 8 1,265 04-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.