Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HCTZ lowering AHI???
RE: HCTZ lowering AHI???
I was just curious. I'm taking it with no problems, but my dad took it and was plagued with gout. I wonder if it was related.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crazy.
It would of course seem to be related to hydration, with dehydration concentrating the uric acid, but I generally hydrate constantly.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
As do I, but I'm sure my dad did not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Rcgop,
It's great to hear your AHI and sleep has improved, CONGRATULATIONS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2017, 07:24 PM)Rcgop Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 04:07 PM)ajack Wrote: my guess is you also have a bit of pulmonary 'edema and the diuretic is also treating that, as well as your BP.

Did some research on this and you may be right. My Dr. said my lungs were clear but if it only happens when I lay down, then you might be on to something. 

Thanks for the info.

The dr would notice some P edema, It would have had to have been very mild. how about some obesity with gut edema? I'm just trying to associate a drop in ahi and a diuretic. You might notice I'm following a theme here, it may be 100% wrong, but I'm consistent Smile

I would also take it of a morning, it has a medium action time with the kidneys and should be gone by bed time. you could google it but they are normally 6-8 hours.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2017, 12:49 AM)ajack Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 07:24 PM)Rcgop Wrote:
(12-18-2017, 04:07 PM)ajack Wrote: my guess is you also have a bit of pulmonary 'edema and the diuretic is also treating that, as well as your BP.

Did some research on this and you may be right. My Dr. said my lungs were clear but if it only happens when I lay down, then you might be on to something. 

Thanks for the info.

The dr would notice some P edema, It would have had to have been very mild.  how about some obesity with gut edema? I'm just trying to associate a drop in ahi and a diuretic. You might notice I'm following a theme here, it may be 100% wrong, but I'm consistent Smile

I would also take it of a morning, it has a medium action time with the kidneys and should be gone by bed time. you could google it but they are normally 6-8 hours.

This brings another question: Would the humidifier setting have any effect on this? I live in Florida and we are humid most of the time. I have mine set on 5 which could be over humidification. I will be playing with my settings again as a test paying attention to this aspect. 

As for obesity, I am 6' 1" and 192 lbs. A little over weight but not too bad.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 379 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Need help lowering my AHI DigitalMan43 19 1,297 03-02-2024, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Looking for help with lowering my AHI JackNY07 19 1,856 12-14-2023, 10:24 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  [Treatment] Help with lowering AHI, better sleep michael3 2 423 12-01-2023, 10:35 AM
Last Post: michael3
  [Pressure] Air curve 10 lowering pressure to sleep first test Emtvalenti 0 379 05-19-2023, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti
  Sudden RLS upon lowering EPR A KLERK 0 426 05-09-2023, 02:12 PM
Last Post: A KLERK
  Lowering AHI - Analyzing OSCAR Data getzall 8 796 02-28-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: getzall

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.