Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

HDM Z2 international purchase
RE: HDM Z2 international purchase
(08-06-2019, 11:24 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I'm not defending HDM, but just so you know, just about every auto-CPAP on the planet has a pressure adjustment range from 4 cmH2O to 20 cmH20.  (the default pressure setting from the factory, which starts your pressure at 4 cmH20).

That's not something unique to HDM machines, and you are able to adjust upper & lower pressures by simply following the directions in the Clinician Manual.

Thank You for your Reply, But it seems you have not read it properly, I already have Intellipap and Z3Pap APAP machines and I am well versed in all these adjustments, this particular Z2 is not adjusting to my required settings (of-course I know how to set, I have Clinicians manuals also) I am using CPAPs since 9 years and I am a SENIOR COMPUTER/ELECTRONICS Engineer....Any way I am not interested in vested interests, I just want my money back and I dont like the item for the good enough reasons I gave. I respect your view but I have stated my Experience and not just view.....I feel sad for my money, because I am a victim of advertisement consumerism.....
Post Reply Post Reply
You stated:

sunfield00 Wrote:Technically the APAP starting from 4 H pressure is a torture for having high level Apnea....

I'm simply pointing out that this particular complaint is invalid.  If you are (as you stated) a "SENIOR COMPUTER/ELECTRONICS Engineer", then you should know that the complaint of a pressure starting too low is bogus, especially if you know how to increase the startup pressure yourself (which would solve that problem immediately).

Your complaint that the Z2 machines are "an ugly shape" is, at best, a marginally valid cosmetic complaint.  You undoubtedly knew the "shape" of it before you bought the machine, so why did you buy it in the first place if it being "an ugly shape" was so important to you (enough to mention it here and in your letter to HDM?

All the specs on the HDM machines are available to you before you purchase one.  If you, as a "SENIOR COMPUTER/ELECTRONICS Engineer" didn't even bother reading the specs and analyzing whether or not a machine with those specs would meet your needs, whose fault is that?

Some of your other critiques are vague and without specifics.  As an example, you state "the settings are a mystery" (what does that mean? You have access to the Clinician Setup manual so you can change those settings, so I have no clue what you're talking about).  You also state "The Pressure doesnt increase anything much as long as I am awake".  Uh, friend, the pressure is supposed to not change unless and until you have a sleep apnea event of some type (which, by definition, happens when you are asleep, not when you are awake).

You also complained about the battery pack and humidifier being overly expensive.  Did you not research the cost of those items prior to your purchase?  

But whatever.  Rolleyes    Do what you want, but one would think that as a "SENIOR COMPUTER/ELECTRONICS Engineer", you would have checked out the machine thoroughly prior to your purchase.

I'm not overly fond of the direction HDM has taken either, but if I'm going to critique or criticize their machines, I would at least try to provide a reasonable detailed critique listing legitimate issues with their machines, rather than post generalities and complaints that are plainly invalid due to my own ignorance or lack of due diligence.

If the machine is truly malfunctioning, go back to whomever sold it to you and demand a replacement or a refund.  Pretty simple, really.

Good luck to you, nonetheless.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2019, 03:20 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: You said:
 a marginally valid cosmetic complaint.  You undoubtedly knew the "shape" of it before you bought the machine, so why did you buy it in the first place if it being "an ugly shape" was so important to you (enough to mention it here and in your letter to HDM?)

Yes I did not have an idea that such long heavy battery will protrude half out half inside with a possibility of the Z2 CONNECTION getting lose. As I said the Main Item Cpap is shown is good shape but when you attache the battery (compatible) it looks different and inconvenient vis a vis portable definition. Sir! I want to state it now that with battery the length of Z2 is approx. 21cm. I purchased online and it is difficult gauge so much...Also any item will look nice with a symmetrical balanced shape.....but Z2 IS OF ODD AWKWARD SHAPE....Even I missed on gauging the shape issue, Once I realized it, I am declaring it! and it is a fact, not necessary to expect everything before BY ME. As I said there are many other issues which disappointed me. I would this minute return the item if they take it and refund me.

My aim is in asking the users to consider some of my points and decide to buy, I didn't say I am totally right or that doesnt make me totally wrong.... I just dont want my friends to lose money without totally listening to others', anyway it is the choice of individual, what I felt is I failed to assess and compare many different products available, I did do search a lot but I feel I am disappointed and what ever you may say, I exercised my democratic right, you may qtn me, you may try to explain it off but ultimately it should benefit the reader and the future buyer in making correct judgement....

you say:
All the specs on the HDM machines are available to you before you purchase one.  If you, as a "SENIOR COMPUTER/ELECTRONICS Engineer" didn't even bother reading the specs and analyzing whether or not a machine with those specs would meet your needs, whose fault is that?

Apart from your sarcasm (you dont know me, if I start), these specs are almost common for all and I did read and also it says very silent, but it makes a creek sound all the time, I dont know if it is machine specific, within few seconds the display goes off and I couldn't read the readings....
And by the way I mentioned many points and you didnt raise them, I think you tend to agree there that there is some truth in it IN THOSE POINTS...
I know you are trying hard to save HDM, But I am TRYING TO saving the Users. And I think I am successful by spending my time.....

you say:
Some of your other critiques are vague and without specifics.

Yes definitely, I am not writing a PHd Thesis here, I wrote it actually to HDM and I just reproduced here....for the benefit of the reader....NEITHER IT IS EASY TO GIVE SO MUCH AT ONCE, I GAVE THESE BECAUSE I USED 2 MORE CPAP MACHINES FOR YEARS AND I CAN COMPARE EASILY

you say:

You also complained about the battery pack and humidifier being overly expensive.  Did you not research the cost of those items prior to your purchase?  

Yes I did that's why I purchased it even though it is expensive, dont be silly, But I had ro state the fact right? this is called right review.

about the Humidifiers and frequent changing etc God Promise it went off from my sight, that's why I am mentioning about it, you seem to be owning a bank?

you said:
that as a "SENIOR COMPUTER/ELECTRONICS Engineer", you would have checked out the machine thoroughly prior to your purchase.

I dont mind your SENIOR COMPUTER/ELECTRONICS Engineer" Pun......But Sir! I purchased it from my American CPAP seller from whom I buy regularly since many years. Anyway if I know so much why  will I buy, as I say "My Mistake" I erred! But  I want my other friends to be more aware....

My Intention is that the CPAP Makers should also take the feedbacks seriously and improve the products quality.

Thank You very much for you kind replies and concern!

You stated:

sunfield00 Wrote:Technically the APAP starting from 4 H pressure is a torture for having high level Apnea....

I'm simply pointing out that this particular complaint is invalid.  If you are (as you stated) a "SENIOR COMPUTER/ELECTRONICS Engineer", then you should know that the complaint of a pressure starting too low is bogus, especially if you know how to increase the startup pressure yourself (which would solve that problem immediately).

Your complaint that the Z2 machines are "an ugly shape" is, at best, a marginally valid cosmetic complaint.  You undoubtedly knew the "shape" of it before you bought the machine, so why did you buy it in the first place if it being "an ugly shape" was so important to you (enough to mention it here and in your letter to HDM?

Some of your other critiques are vague and without specifics.  As an example, you state "the settings are a mystery" (what does that mean? You have access to the Clinician Setup manual so you can change those settings, so I have no clue what you're talking about).  You also state "The Pressure doesnt increase anything much as long as I am awake".  Uh, friend, the pressure is supposed to not change unless and until you have a sleep apnea event of some type (which, by definition, happens when you are asleep, not when you are awake).

But whatever.  Rolleyes    Do what you want, but one would think that as a "SENIOR COMPUTER/ELECTRONICS Engineer", you would have checked out the machine thoroughly prior to your purchase.

I'm not overly fond of the direction HDM has taken either, but if I'm going to critique or criticize their machines, I would at least try to provide a reasonable detailed critique listing legitimate issues with their machines, rather than post generalities and complaints that are plainly invalid due to my own ignorance or lack of due diligence.

If the machine is truly malfunctioning, go back to whomever sold it to you and demand a replacement or a refund.  Pretty simple, really.

Good luck to you, nonetheless.
Post Reply Post Reply
sunfield00 Wrote:I know you are trying hard to save HDM, But I am TRYING TO saving the Users.

If you read my first post in this thread, you would see that I'm hardly trying to "save HDM".   Too-funny

I'll let forum members read your concerns and they can judge themselves if the complaints are valid or not.

Good luck to you.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
lots-o-coffee to SuperSleeper

Saving companies is hard work.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think HDM are trying to save themselves
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2019, 06:52 PM)Pete G Wrote: I don't think HDM are trying to save themselves

Seems that way. Unfortunate for those that have their products because I’m supposing the people that bought them did so because it worked for them. Poorly managed businesses tend to see customers money being poured into other businesses.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a urgent Question, As I am using the Z2 CPAP machine with Battery, and as per above discussed about the "battery" being too long,
My Doubt is, Please can any one tell me as I am travelling From ADL to SIN to HYD, and I will be carrying my Z2 Cpap + Battery along with me
in the flight, so at Security Scan at the Airport will they Stop or Allow it? I know I have taken Other CPAP machines without any Battery Many times
in International Travel, But this time with my Z2 CPAP the Battery is also travelling in the Cabin...Please let me know any information or if any one has traveled with Portable CPAPs with attached Batteries in International Travels and Flight?
Post Reply Post Reply
Probably the best source for this question would be the airlines you'll be flying with.

Generically speaking, I think it may be allowed as a medical device, even with a battery. I think the answer may depend on what type the battery is as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've owned HDM Z1 and Phillips Dreamstation Go. The Go is far, far superior. Much easier for travel. exceptionally quiet. The Z has too many parts, is too loud, and responds laboriously.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 60 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,533 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Considering Second CPAP Purchase Lfmichel 11 1,056 10-26-2023, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Irod
  Adapter Plugs for International Travel TiredOne789 6 1,005 10-09-2023, 07:46 PM
Last Post: taylorgtr
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  [Equipment] Where can I purchase a DreamStation Go? jamesjcrowley 2 536 06-20-2023, 09:03 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  AirSense 10 AutoSet…..purchase? spetzal 3 983 12-13-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.